No announcement yet.

Confirmation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ps: all that Venables tactical stuff was ground-breaking at the time. I don't know either way but I simply pose the question has he kept abreast of tactical advances or wd it be a case of back to '83?

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
      Promotion sealed at LR v Leeds. Remember it kicking off properly in SAR Block A a proper old dear was taking out Leeds finest on her own with the wrong end of an umbrella! - Paul Hart own goal. Title sealed at Wednesday. Remember being severely ****ed on the minibus back! Fulham home game (2-1 that realistically killed off their promotion IIRC?) in between the two. From memory, might need wiki'ing
      I remember us playing Fulham, Leeds and Wolves at LR and the pitch invasion at the end of the Wolves game. I used to stand in the paddock in those days with most of the C-Mob, they were great times to be a QPR supporter. Hopefully if Venners comes he will bring the good times with him, but I do think he needs a younger man with him and as I have said Waddock would be my choice.
      RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

TV is the type of guy i can see flav and co going for

I reckon he could be good but as others have said would need a younger man as assistant but don't see Ainsworth as that man as probably too close to the current players. Sousa would have been ideal!
        its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by churchy View Post
          that wasn't the last time he managed, he got england to semi's of euro 96, and got boro out of being relegated this century, over 20 years of experience, even done wonders with the australian national team
          You obviously didn't see the final qualifying game for the World Cup when Australia led 2-0 with 20 mins to go and he refused to combat the extra attackers that Iran put on with extra defenders for Australia. Result 2-2 Australia lose out on away goals without ever losing a match and Iran go on to the World Cup. Not his finest hour - or 20 mins. Having said that he did have us play some very good football at times. I would have him only if he came with a very good number 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Insiderman View Post
            I can confirm the reports yesterday that the new man has signed a contract to be the next QPR manager

Terry Venables will be the next man at the helm

Briatore is long time fan of terry and this should be confirmed shortly

Dont shoot the messenger
            so where are we with this now,is Insiderman/insideman or whatever the hell he calls himself talking crap or not,it appears he is and if so who IS going to be our manager,ANYONE:tired:

Comment

Working...
            X