Chances of signing Dele?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chances of signing Dele?

Anyone know the chances of Adebola signing? Some on here say it wont happen, but a lot of articles say we are favourites. Whats the truth? Id personally be very happy to sign him. Very experienced in this division and a handful to any defence. A free transfer is an excellent deal

Originally posted by Dando View Post
    Anyone know the chances of Adebola signing? Some on here say it wont happen, but a lot of articles say we are favourites. Whats the truth? Id personally be very happy to sign him. Very experienced in this division and a handful to any defence. A free transfer is an excellent deal
    A "free" transfer is only excellent if the signing on fee and salary demands are low. Sometimes you take on these so called free players and their demands are ridiculous.

If Adebola joined and the two year deal effectively cost us £1m (salary and signing on fee) it surely would be better to go out a spend the money on loan deals for Frazier Campbell or Ched Evans. Or even spending the money buying Tudgay, Smith or McGoldrick - longer term investments rather than being stuck with a 34 year old who can no longer last 2 full seasons.

Comment

Agreed - but if his wages and demands werent too high, i think its good business. he may just be what we need to help us get us up to the premiership. Id love to sign players like Frazier Campbell and Ched Evans, but i think we also need to sign players alongisde them with leadership qualities and expereince. Those players are young and excellent potential - but cant do it alone without the experience and big tough players to get you through 90 mins of every game. At the moment there is no presence up front, which Dele would bring in. Not the answer to the future, but in the short term, i think him alongside a younger player would be ideal

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
        A "free" transfer is only excellent if the signing on fee and salary demands are low. Sometimes you take on these so called free players and their demands are ridiculous.

If Adebola joined and the two year deal effectively cost us £1m (salary and signing on fee) it surely would be better to go out a spend the money on loan deals for Frazier Campbell or Ched Evans. Or even spending the money buying Tudgay, Smith or McGoldrick - longer term investments rather than being stuck with a 34 year old who can no longer last 2 full seasons.
        I'd rather do that too

Dont think he's the man to get us to the prem

Comment

Agreed - but if his wages and demands werent too high, i think its good business. he may just be what we need to help us get us up to the premiership. Id love to sign players like Frazier Campbell and Ched Evans, but i think we also need to sign players alongisde them with leadership qualities and expereince. Those players are young and excellent potential - but cant do it alone without the experience and big tough players to get you through 90 mins of every game. At the moment there is no presence up front, which Dele would bring in. Not the answer to the future, but in the short term, i think him alongside a younger player would be ideal
          I do think we need a brute up front. Someone who has strength to hold the ball up and bring players like Vine and Buzsaky into the game. Ebanks-Blake does it superbly for Wolves and Adebola for 60 minutes spells would do well for us. My problem with him is that he wants a two year deal, which is obviously double the amount that a one year deal would be and therefore money that could be spent elsewhere.

I think old heads and youth are a good mix. Players like Jay Simpson, Carlos Vela, Frazier Campbell, Danny Wellbeck and Ched Evans may not get many games in the Premiership next season. Players like Andy Gray and David McGoldrick might not want League One football. Leroy Lita might be available depending on what happens with Reading.

Comment

why are we looking at players with no manager? just proves the point of the interfearance from above.

Comment

,ok,but only has a squad player,we would still need 2 quality strikers

Comment

hopefully the chances are zero

Comment

Working...
                X