Sit back and Enjoy The Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sit back and Enjoy The Week

I'm guessing we will know sometime next week about the new manager.

Its fair to say talks are under way and early posters were spot on. I HAVE NOT GOT A CLUE, who it is.

I'm guessing you wouldn't want it any other way:boss:

Gut feeling we are going English/British manager:exciting:
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

straw clutch?

Comment

QBP what about the briatore to leave rumour ?

any thoughts?

Comment

Colin ******s blue and white army!
        its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

They have a moan but watch the questions asked to you

Comment

wembleyranger.

Anything is possible. More likely extra investment, then takeover talks.

Admit they have invested heavily in the "c" club, but in reality its pretty amazing what they have put into the club. Though, it will get shot down by a few.

Crowds of 13,000 don't make you any profit in the championship.
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Crowds don't make profit; full-stop.
              Not profits worth getting out of bed for this lot anyway.
              Only Prem footy would. So....how did they/do they expect to make profit?
              Capacity is limited - so only another 5,000 odd seats - not much more profit there.
              Already charging enough/too much, so no way of squeezing the punters any more - unless you want the 13,000 to go down to 10/11,000 - which would kinda negate itself.

Team is limited - possible to go up but I think we all realise it would take another £5million+ of GOOD investment to do that. Which eats into the profit/loss even more.

So - very simple, stick with current method and they MAY get lucky with a cheap striker that bangs em in like Dixie Dean, but probably not.
              Or...Invest more to do away with luck and make promotion probable and start earning the big bucks.

As we all know - this is apparantly "a project" so the first option is never going to be on any business plan. Not when it depends on "luck".

More investment then......?

Comment

investment is the only way to reach the promised land

Comment

Investment will need to be even greater when/if we reach the promised land.New stadium,how many millions will that require??Mostly new playing squad.Are they realising too late what they have got themselves into??

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                    wembleyranger.

Anything is possible. More likely extra investment, then takeover talks.

Admit they have invested heavily in the "c" club, but in reality its pretty amazing what they have put into the club. Though, it will get shot down by a few.

Crowds of 13,000 don't make you any profit in the championship.
                    I don't think anything makes you a profit in the Championship Pete. Think it's all about limiting your losses! Just reading the other day about how much money Steve Morgan pumped into Wolves this season alone. Makes FB's input look very small beer. Really eye watering figures!!!!

Comment

I'd like more money pumped in as much as any fan but it is very easy to talk about "investment" when it isn't your money. Wolves have been pumping "investment" into the playing staff year after year after year and only now has it paid off (in large part, BTW, thanks to some of their cheaper acquisitions). If you "invest" and you don't go up - and the Championship is littered with clubs who have done that, including our own when we were relegated from the premiership - then what kind of "investment" is it?
                      I'm not disagreeing so much as showing you this is a very finely balanced judgement.

Comment

No way before Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                          No way before Sunday
                          Please put all your postings on Reports site Pete and save him the trouble

Comment

So after sundays game then an announcement will be made?
                            We're Queens Park Rangers, we rule supreme

Comment

Investment works only if used in the right way.
                              With a football club the first thing you need to do is get the fans onside, they are the staple of the club. New fans are usualy introduced ( or follow in the footsteps ) of already long standing fans.
                              We see through the bull quickly. The fan base needs to be engaged, needs to feel involved and needs to feel valued. Achieve that and half the battle is won!

Then you need to use your revenues in the right way, then you look at how and where to invest your money.
                              Did we need a big screen this season? The C club? Would that money have been better used elsewhere first?

The owners said at the beginning, we will not do a Chelsea and pay for success, we will put in a four year plan to achieve it. Wise words but why then do they expect a manager to adopt his players yet only has a few months in which to meet the expectations of a four year plan?

To be perfectly honest and very blunt, I couldn't care who the next manager is or how much money is 'invested' right now as things stand.

There needs to be a re think and a big shake up on how things are done for any of that to really make a jot of difference. Most important though is there needs to be a real concerted effort to re engage the fan base and bring them back on side.

I have put this forward as basically as I can to keep this post from beeing long winded but if elabourated on there are so many points that are easy fixes but are just ignored.

Comment

Working...
                              X