Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metro to print an apology

allegedly, for printing that our player of the year was "Ray Jones"

Don't care if it was shoddy shoddy journalism but it was certainly insensitive and demands an apology at least.

Remember folks, the London Lite, Metro, Daily Mail and Evening Standard are all the same company who are run by rich, toff, racist, facist, sympathisers.
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

are u implying they done it intentionally scott?

Comment

Originally posted by Wembley Ranger View Post
      are u implying they done it intentionally scott?
      No. Just them being shoddy i presume.

I ****ing hope so anyway!!!

Comment

You dont like them do you?
        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
          You dont like them do you?
          I'm ex-Daily Mirror....of course not

For they are the :devil:

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
            allegedly, for printing that our player of the year was "Ray Jones"

Don't care if it was shoddy shoddy journalism but it was certainly insensitive and demands an apology at least.

Remember folks, the London Lite, Metro, Daily Mail and Evening Standard are all the same company who are run by rich, toff, racist, facist, sympathisers.
            I hope it is just shoddy journalism otherwise they are bang out of order.

Bloody Associated Newspapers Ltd!!!

Comment

Ahhhh, that's why them papers are crap.
              I remember when the Evening Standard was worth getting........1978, I think it was!!!! ;D

Comment

They must of saw Ray Jones name on the trophy and assumed.....lazy donuts.
                @chrisrobson9

Comment

Agree with bushranger! It actually used to have good footie articles,not jackanory's!
                  I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

but what t.wat prints that someone who died over a year ago wins a player of the year? :chill:

Comment

any 'jurno' that plies his/her trade in a freebie needs a good shoe-ing imho!!!
                      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by w12chris View Post
                        They must of saw Ray Jones name on the trophy and assumed.....lazy donuts.
                        Good to see our old friend "irony" is alive and kicking.

Comment

I have mailed the sports editor of the metro and I have sine had a reply, as follows....

Michael,

Thank you for getting touch regarding this story. This was an error and I would like to apologise for any upset this has caused. The original story from our writer correctly stated the award was in memory of Ray but this was later mistakenly changed by a sub-editor. This should have been spotted before publication but it was not, and for that we hold our hands up. Mistakes do occasionally occur and it is unfortunate in this case it is related to such a sensitive subject.

All I can do is say sorry and let you know that coming from a family of QPR fans as I do, this is a cause of much embarrassment and regret. We intend to publish a correction and apology - this has not been published yet because the story only appeared in the paper yesterday and I have only just been made aware of the error and complaints regarding it.

I sincerely hope this does not spoil your enjoyment of Metro in the future and I always welcome your comments, good or bad, concerning what we do in the sport section.

Kind regards,

David Gurney
                          Sports Editor

Comment

Thanks for posting that up Michael

Comment

Working...
                            X