A 20-25 Goal a Season Striker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 20-25 Goal a Season Striker

Just don't know how you can guarantee it.

Whatever striker you get in.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

You are right you can't.

Whether it be Hooper, Cox, Adebola, Michael Owen whoever can't guarantee us anything. They could get injured in the first match and be out for the whole season.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post

Just look back to SirPie's stats yesterday on Phillips and Lita - two players supposedly that would have banged in 20 plus goals for us on massive wages. If they replicated their form as published those calling for their signatures would now be calling for their heads.

I agree that you can't guarantee any player will replicate their past - we've seen it before with the likes of Sheron, Spencer, Thorpe, Cureton and others. So maybe the better option is to take a risk on a lower league player like Cox and let him play without the pressure of having done it before at this level
      #standuptocancer
      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

2 strikers who get 15 each will do add a goalscoring midfielder (fit Buzsaky?) theres 40 gls already.

Comment

nothing is guaranteed in football but surely you are more likely to get the goals investing a few million in Beckford or likewise than going for someone like Adebola or another cheap option on a free. Spose its all down to the ambition of the board. If they invest and succeed and we get in to the prem then they will get a return on their investment. Or they can dick around in the CCC fot another few seasons trying to get up without spending too much or until Flabio gets bored with his toy.

Comment

I don't quite see your point - true, there is no guarantee but surely that doesn't mean you shouldn't at least try to get someone half decent, unlike in the previous close season...

Comment

Well we could make a start in finding out by actually signing a striker or two this summer!

Comment

Originally posted by eghamR View Post
                Well we could make a start in finding out by actually signing a striker or two this summer!
                ^^^^^^^^^^
                Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

No guarantees and its all about the service and playing to strengths of any individual. Cureton is the perfect example...was always a goal scorer, yet we played him on his own up top many games and lumped 50 yard balls to him....hmm lets see how many headers he wins agains 6ft+centre halfs every game... what a shock his return of goals was low.

No surprise again when he went ot Colchester and they played to his strengths and he scored for fun again and was top scorer in the CCC if i recall, or bloddy close if not?

We need a decent name with a proven ability. The comparison about Philips and Lita is irrelevant when neither have played regularly this season. Lita, as arrogant as he is, could very easilly do a job for us next season and i for one would welcome his acquisition, although it wont happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                    Just look back to SirPie's stats yesterday on Phillips and Lita - two players supposedly that would have banged in 20 plus goals for us on massive wages. If they replicated their form as published those calling for their signatures would now be calling for their heads.

I agree that you can't guarantee any player will replicate their past - we've seen it before with the likes of Sheron, Spencer, Thorpe, Cureton and others. So maybe the better option is to take a risk on a lower league player like Cox and let him play without the pressure of having done it before at this level
                    The comparison I made was not about their scoring ability but the fact that Phillips can no longer play a full season and that Lita has fewer goals at this level then Blackstock. Lita does however have a better scoring ratio than Blackstock.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post

You'll never be able to guarantee anything but a quality striker with a proven record will do the biz. We should go for broke and get in a quality prem striker that is being kept out of his side or 2 or 3 strikers like Andy Johnson.
                      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

You can't guarentee it, but a quality striker creates and has better opportunities at goal.

Comment

Many keep saying Beckford is the answer and spend £5m on him, I am not so sure he would be the answer. I would feel happier if we spent the money on 3 different forwards, a young big target man witha bit of skill like Priskin or Stead (probably about 1-1.5m), a fast skilfull type like McGoldrick or Gray (1-1.5m) and a young talent who could make it big like Cox or Church (1-1.5m). I thinkl they should be able to get the goals we need, with the help of our midfield.
                          RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Originally posted by kingo View Post
                            Many keep saying Beckford is the answer and spend £5m on him, I am not so sure he would be the answer. I would feel happier if we spent the money on 3 different forwards, a young big target man witha bit of skill like Priskin or Stead (probably about 1-1.5m), a fast skilfull type like McGoldrick or Gray (1-1.5m) and a young talent who could make it big like Cox or Church (1-1.5m). I thinkl they should be able to get the goals we need, with the help of our midfield.
                            Combined they are not only cheaper but they will also score more than Beckford.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                              Combined they are not only cheaper but they will also score more than Beckford.
                              Plus we would have cover for injuries and suspensions.
                              RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Working...
                              X