Mr Briatore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Briatore

Mr Briatore, no-one can argue that you are a very successful businessman having built up a succesful international chain of shops and Formula 1 racing team. The takeover by yourself, Bernie Ecclestone and subsequently Lakshmi Mittal was certainly welcomed by the majority, if not all QPR fans. We were excited by being bought by 3 businessman who were obviously shrewd, very knowledgable and experienced about running a business and had substantial capital to invest in the club we love.

Now the inital blaze of publicity and 'honeymoon period' is over we are starting to realise a few home truths. Hardly any serious money has been spent during the transfer window to strengthen our squad which clearly needs at least 3 or 4 more players to really compete in the Championship, but we have seen plenty of money being spent on the corporate areas of the club with the focus seemingly on entertaining your high roller friends accompanied by a few out of date 'supermodels'. You certainly didn't have the loyalty or best interests of our existing boxholders in mind when you wildly increased the price of a box at our club.

Whenever a new regime takes over at a club or any business come to that, people expect changes, fair enough, but what you would do well to remember is that a football club is a unique business in that there is another factor to take into account when making decisions which is the loyal fanbase who have stood by the club through thick and thin, highs and lows (more lows with us lot!). Our club is something precious to us and we do not take kindly to someone treating it (and indirectly us) as some kind of hobby.

Mr Briatore, it is widely accepted that you have taken it upon yourself to pick the team and generally involve yourself in team affairs which should primarily fall under the remit of the club manager. Historically as seen at other clubs who have suffered 'hands on' chairman/directors meddling in the management of the team has often had a very negative affect on the teams success, and the knock on negative affect on morale of the manager, team and backroom staff.

Mr Briatore, may I remind you that you are NOT a football manager and therefore us fans would appreciate it if you concentrated on the business side of the club as that is where you and your colleagues expertise lies.
    As i've said, QPR are not anyones weekend hobby, some kind of real-life championship manager game and us fans are getting increasingly ****ed off with your arrogant meddling and pompous, autocratic decisions which are impacting negatively on our club. Previous chairman/regimes have soon found out to their cost that we QPR fans are a passonate bunch and do not take kindly to anyone acting in a way that is detrimental to the club, therefore take heed of what we say and let the manager manage with NO interference from you or any other members of the board otherwise the feeling amongst the fans toward the board will take quite a turn for the worse.

You're rash decision to sack yet another manager simply for stating his disallusionment with the boards decision to loan a our top scorer without his knowledge or even consultation is NOT welcomed by us, the fans. Lets just remember, money isn't everything.

How are we going to attract a decent manager with the abilty and experience to take the club forward if he is nothing but a yes man or your puppet?

Would you take kindly to a football manager telling you how to sell multi-coloured polo neck jumpers or how to drive a car fast?

No didn't think so...therefore take heed of this warning and leave the manager to manage (if we can attract another one) or **** OFF!

That told him.

Wonder if he's on-line now?

Comment

Some things might get drawn to his attention.

Comment

Yep - if he didn't know before, he certainly does now!

You may as well have peed that post in the snow of the outer moons of Saturn for all the attention it'll bring to the man himself. Nowt wrong with saying it, but.....

Comment

These guy's are spending more on signings than we have in the past right?

If we expect them to spend millions then what's an extra couple of hundred for season tickets?

£600 will not even pay one players weekly wage or am I wrong?

Comment

Hi MYU, like how much exactly? £34 million was not spent on players

i've had no answer yet from anybody to this other question. Name me a club that raised prices like we did on premiership expectancy?
            Last edited by Olly; 29-04-2009, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Wembley Ranger, before signing up for the new site I used to post as a guest under the name 'QPR Wembleydownunder'. Hope no-one think I wrote that daft letter! What are you trying to do, what's youtr agenda? Are you looking forward to playing Luton asap? Because I'm cvertainly not. You represent a small minority of noisy fans, not the silent majority. I speak to my QPR season-ticket holding mates regularly and they DO NOT share your views-you speak only for yourself, just as I can only speak for myself. Please think again before writing such foolishnes on a public messageboard, mate!

Comment

well said bush
                WE ARE QPR

Comment

Ditto Mr Kangaroo

Comment

Originally posted by qprsteve View Post
                    Hi MYU, like how much exactly? £34 million was not spent on players

i've had no answer yet from anybody to this other question. Name me a club that raised prices like we did on premiership expectancy?
                    Players wages have gone from 2-4k a week to double that.

Which top players would have come to QPR when we would have offered paying 2k a week?

We have made some good signings, even if they have been free, they are better than what we had.

Would these players have come if we offered them 2k?

Why should this board spend millions on players because we the fans said so?

QPR are now a team that people are talking about and a team that will make it back to top flight. We need to stable the ship first otherwise we will come straight back down.

Why rush like Chelsea/Fulham and buy your way, I don't want that and never did.

Comment

Originally posted by Wembley Ranger View Post
                      Mr Briatore, no-one can argue that you are a very successful businessman having built up a succesful international chain of shops and Formula 1 racing team. The takeover by yourself, Bernie Ecclestone and subsequently Lakshmi Mittal was certainly welcomed by the majority, if not all QPR fans. We were excited by being bought by 3 businessman who were obviously shrewd, very knowledgable and experienced about running a business and had substantial capital to invest in the club we love.

Now the inital blaze of publicity and 'honeymoon period' is over we are starting to realise a few home truths. Hardly any serious money has been spent during the transfer window to strengthen our squad which clearly needs at least 3 or 4 more players to really compete in the Championship, but we have seen plenty of money being spent on the corporate areas of the club with the focus seemingly on entertaining your high roller friends accompanied by a few out of date 'supermodels'. You certainly didn't have the loyalty or best interests of our existing boxholders in mind when you wildly increased the price of a box at our club.

Whenever a new regime takes over at a club or any business come to that, people expect changes, fair enough, but what you would do well to remember is that a football club is a unique business in that there is another factor to take into account when making decisions which is the loyal fanbase who have stood by the club through thick and thin, highs and lows (more lows with us lot!). Our club is something precious to us and we do not take kindly to someone treating it (and indirectly us) as some kind of hobby.

Mr Briatore, it is widely accepted that you have taken it upon yourself to pick the team and generally involve yourself in team affairs which should primarily fall under the remit of the club manager. Historically as seen at other clubs who have suffered 'hands on' chairman/directors meddling in the management of the team has often had a very negative affect on the teams success, and the knock on negative affect on morale of the manager, team and backroom staff.

Mr Briatore, may I remind you that you are NOT a football manager and therefore us fans would appreciate it if you concentrated on the business side of the club as that is where you and your colleagues expertise lies.
                      As i've said, QPR are not anyones weekend hobby, some kind of real-life championship manager game and us fans are getting increasingly ****ed off with your arrogant meddling and pompous, autocratic decisions which are impacting negatively on our club. Previous chairman/regimes have soon found out to their cost that we QPR fans are a passonate bunch and do not take kindly to anyone acting in a way that is detrimental to the club, therefore take heed of what we say and let the manager manage with NO interference from you or any other members of the board otherwise the feeling amongst the fans toward the board will take quite a turn for the worse.

You're rash decision to sack yet another manager simply for stating his disallusionment with the boards decision to loan a our top scorer without his knowledge or even consultation is NOT welcomed by us, the fans. Lets just remember, money isn't everything.

How are we going to attract a decent manager with the abilty and experience to take the club forward if he is nothing but a yes man or your puppet?

Would you take kindly to a football manager telling you how to sell multi-coloured polo neck jumpers or how to drive a car fast?

No didn't think so...therefore take heed of this warning and leave the manager to manage (if we can attract another one) or **** OFF!
                      Point ONE - One minute you're knocking the fella for not spending a penny, then you quote that he's spent about £34million - so in my eyes he has spent money)

Point TWO - How many signing have we made since he has been here. Yeah they are not all world beaters but they are a dam sight better than the likes of Steffan Moore, Nardiello, Rainman, Cullip, Olieshi (or whatever his name was) and I can continue. Not to mention the large increase in salarys he is paying to attract bigger and better players... Our average player wage a month is around £27,500 a month (which means loads more are earning lots more than that) and yet prior to him coming on board we paid not a penny more that £16,000 a month in our darkest days!

Point THREE - His business sense is working overdrive you tool. Corporate funding is where most of the big club make their real money hence the immediate upgrades in those areas.

Point FOUR - Look at the sponsorship deals he has also brought into the club. Some of the biggest brands on the planet and still you question his business policy and sense.

He has got a few things wrong but on the whole we are heading in the right direction. We are just a few of the right types of players missing. With those we'd be a different outfit and that is why it's paramount to appoint the right manager who will get the best from what we have got and also bring in the right players we need!

TO SUM UP...
                      Another mental QPR supporter who can't see the wood from the trees. Yeah we haven't warrented the massive increase in prices on the field YET, but we are getting better and going in the right direction. Injuries have hurt and not signing the right additional players at the right time could also be to blame too, but off the field FLAVIO has done more for QPR than any other chairman since Gregory and that is a FACT!

Comment

Dear Mr Wembley Ranger

What a complete ignoramous you really are. You have wriiten this post as if in some whay you are speaking on behalf of the fans. Well let me tell you that you are not. I am horrified at your imature, unfounded and damn right slanderous views.

By all means vent your own anger and opinion, that is your right. But never insinuate you are speaking for the fans with tripe like this. I actually find it embarassing and should FB ever see this god help us all.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
                          Point ONE - One minute you're knocking the fella for not spending a penny, then you quote that he's spent about £34million - so in my eyes he has spent money)

Point TWO - How many signing have we made since he has been here. Yeah they are not all world beaters but they are a dam sight better than the likes of Steffan Moore, Nardiello, Rainman, Cullip, Olieshi (or whatever his name was) and I can continue. Not to mention the large increase in salarys he is paying to attract bigger and better players... Our average player wage a month is around £27,500 a month (which means loads more are earning lots more than that) and yet prior to him coming on board we paid not a penny more that £16,000 a month in our darkest days!

Point THREE - His business sense is working overdrive you tool. Corporate funding is where most of the big club make their real money hence the immediate upgrades in those areas.

Point FOUR - Look at the sponsorship deals he has also brought into the club. Some of the biggest brands on the planet and still you question his business policy and sense.

He has got a few things wrong but on the whole we are heading in the right direction. We are just a few of the right types of players missing. With those we'd be a different outfit and that is why it's paramount to appoint the right manager who will get the best from what we have got and also bring in the right players we need!

TO SUM UP...
                          Another mental QPR supporter who can't see the wood from the trees. Yeah we haven't warrented the massive increase in prices on the field YET, but we are getting better and going in the right direction. Injuries have hurt and not signing the right additional players at the right time could also be to blame too, but off the field FLAVIO has done more for QPR than any other chairman since Gregory and that is a FACT!
                          Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Lofty View Post
                            Dear Mr Wembley Ranger

What a complete ignoramous you really are. You have wriiten this post as if in some whay you are speaking on behalf of the fans. Well let me tell you that you are not. I am horrified at your imature, unfounded and damn right slanderous views.

By all means vent your own anger and opinion, that is your right. But never insinuate you are speaking for the fans with tripe like this. I actually find it embarassing and should FB ever see this god help us all.
                            Absolutely spot on, well said.
                            Oh and is this not the same clown who posted on the old board during last weeks crash - stating as a FACT that Luigi De Canio would be paraded as the new manager at the Plymouth game - indeed it is. Shhhhhhhhshh Coco :amazing:
                            #standuptocancer
                            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Wembley Ranger View Post

Oh dear Wembley, not your finest post, but then again thats not saying much is it!
                              Win or lose, on the booze

Comment

Working...
                              X