Next season oh dear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next season oh dear

Newcastle middlesborough wba leicester birmingham leeds utd sheffield utd burnley cardiff ipswich town

im sorry folks but i predit another dyer season next year if this is the championship line up unless we spent in the summer we will once again be lagging behind. Because if these are the teams we are to compete against in 09/10 they will spent more than us.

It's certainly going to be tougher than this year..and remember those coming down get those parachute payments
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Its allways the same! Every year people say the say thing. IMO if we strenghen in the areas we know we need to strenghen in we will be right up there.
      Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

But i heard the other day (not sure if Gospel though) that Newcastle do not have any wage cutting clauses in their contracts if they get relegated, so they will need to sell quite a few.

Comment

someone likes predictions :waaaht:

Comment

Originally posted by link1967 View Post
            Newcastle middlesborough wba leicester birmingham leeds utd sheffield utd burnley cardiff ipswich town

im sorry folks but i predit another dyer season next year if this is the championship line up unless we spent in the summer we will once again be lagging behind. Because if these are the teams we are to compete against in 09/10 they will spent more than us.
            As you've not listed Reading then you are suggesting that they will be promoted automatically so how can Cardiff, Sheff Utd, Birmingham and Burnley all be in the Championship next season? One of them would have to go up via the play offs.

Leeds haven't and still may not be promoted.
            Derby were relegated from the Premiership last year and have not been a threat this year so no guarantee that the other Prem teams will be. Charlton and Saints were once relegated from the Prem and now are League One sides.

We do need to invest but so will each of these teams.

Comment

Your telling me if newcastle come down there half decent players will still be there??

Owen martins Viduka smith butt barton all the foreigners......will not come down with them.
              @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by mjk View Post
                But i heard the other day (not sure if Gospel though) that Newcastle do not have any wage cutting clauses in their contracts if they get relegated, so they will need to sell quite a few.
                Tis true. 9 of the bottom 10 teams have written clauses into their players contracts that if relegated they must take a 25% cut in their salary.

According to the link below Owen, Viduka, Cacapa and Edgar are all out of contract this summer so they would walk if Newcastle are relegated.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/trans...ve-this-summer

Comment

some great away days though

Comment

If Newcastle, Middlesborough & WBA all come down the Championship will be as difficult next year as it has been this year.

Those 3 teams are staring relegation in the face because they are crap...forget the individuals because they will request transfers. I'd wager only one of those would manage to get promoted next season at the first attempt.

My money would be on West Brom as they will maintain the nucleus of their squad.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                      If Newcastle, Middlesborough & WBA all come down the Championship will be as difficult next year as it has been this year.

Those 3 teams are staring relegation in the face because they are crap...forget the individuals because they will request transfers. I'd wager only one of those would manage to get promoted next season at the first attempt.

My money would be on West Brom as they will maintain the nucleus of their squad.
                      People can never grasp that idea. They seem to think that because they are from the Premiership they must be good. Well done for pointing it out to people.

I agree with WBA.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                        People can never grasp that idea. They seem to think that because they are from the Premiership they must be good. Well done for pointing it out to people.

I agree with WBA.
                        I'm glad I'm not alone in my thoughts SPC.

If Newcastle come down they will really be up against it make no mistake there will not be a single team who won't be up for playing against them. Every match will be every home teams biggest match of the season will be a very tough season for the Geordies IMO.

Be interesting to see how long the greatest supporters in the world continue to fill St James as well.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                          I'm glad I'm not alone in my thoughts SPC.

If Newcastle come down they will really be up against it make no mistake there will not be a single team who won't be up for playing against them. Every match will be every home teams biggest match of the season will be a very tough season for the Geordies IMO.

Be interesting to see how long the greatest supporters in the world continue to fill St James as well.

I agree as well if Newcastle came down they would be in big trouble.
                          @chrisrobson9

Comment

EVERY YEAR PEOPLE POST THIS THREAD 'Oh its going to be harder next year'. Yeah that would explain why charlton, norwich and southampton are going down. All recent premiership teams.

Comment

didn't man city go down to league 1 at one point (proves "big teams" might not bounce straight back)....as said earlier doesn't mean a relegated premiership team is going to do well....agree WBA will be the biggest threat.

Comment

Working...
                              X