Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dele deal hits a snag

Dave McIntyre/Kilburn Times - Dele deal hits a snag
    - QPR's attempt to sign veteran striker Dele Adebola has run into trouble.
    - Adebola is expected to leave Bristol City when his contract expires this summer, and Rangers are keen to capture him on a Bosman free transfer.
    - But negotiations have stalled over the experienced striker's demands and Rangers are considering their next move.
    - Adebola, who turns 34 next month, has been offered a one-year contract by City but is keen to land a two-year deal.
    - Rangers are offering a one-year contract with the option of a second year should the Nigerian-born player make a certain number of appearances.
    - Adebola has netted 10 goals this season for his current club, having joined the Robins from Coventry 18 months ago.
    - City boss Gary Johnson admitted earlier this week he was resigned to losing Adebola, who has also had previous spells with Crystal Palace, Birmingham City and Crewe." Kilburn Times

As I said earlier, think he will go up north.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Sounds v sensible of the club. Putting him under pressure to make a certain number of appearances wd incentivise him to put in the effort. If he doesn't have enough confidence in his ability to think he will be able to force himself into the weakest strike force in the entire football league then why should we pay him a hefty salary to sit out a premature retirement in the reserves?

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
        Sounds v sensible of the club. Putting him under pressure to make a certain number of appearances wd incentivise him to put in the effort. If he doesn't have enough confidence in his ability to think he will be able to force himself into the weakest strike force in the entire football league then why should we pay him a hefty salary to sit out a premature retirement in the reserves?
        I'm shocked we agree again!

Very sensible idea. I wonder what our next move is regarding strikers??? Any ideas one and all?

Comment

I keep saying it but why cannnot we go for one of the hot youngsters that are around i.e Cox or Hooper?

Comment

Tell you what Sir Pie, if you lend me £50m I'll buy Rangers and we can both sit on the board and get the place run properly

Agree about one lower league youngster like Cox but think we need one PROVEN championship or equivalent goalscorer.

Comment

That can't be true surely we would have offered him 4 years on an extortinate wage?

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                I'm shocked we agree again!

Very sensible idea. I wonder what our next move is regarding strikers??? Any ideas one and all?
                Adebola's too young at 34. I reckon we'll target our old front man, Paul furlong. At 40 years old Paul's the sort we need to breath life into that spring chicken we currently have up front, Heidar Helguson.....And he scores goals too! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                  Tell you what Sir Pie, if you lend me £50m I'll buy Rangers and we can both sit on the board and get the place run properly

Agree about one lower league youngster like Cox but think we need one PROVEN championship or equivalent goalscorer.
                  I've got 50p will that do?

Cox or Hooper would be good but always are going to be a gamble as we have no idea of knowing if they are any good at this level. There are plenty of proven championship players its just whether or not we are prepared to spend some money.

Comment

lita

Comment

Working...
                    X