Very Much Doubt Adebola

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qprjim View Post
    I think of all the realistic names mentionned Roberts would be my priority. He is an effective targetman (like Adebola) holds the ball up well (like Adebola) but seems to be a great blend of a physical targetman and a fox in the box type player. He plays with a lot of controlled agression which sees him getting into great positions. A younger (probably better) version of Paul Furlong, if we were to sign him my perception of next season would change dramatically

I agree but why would he leave Blackburn?

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
      I agree but why would he leave Blackburn?
      Cant give you a definite answer. However it has been said before that he is a local boy/possible fan and he would relish a move back to London, complete conjecture I know but if we are serious about mounting a realistic assault on playoffs/automatic positions he is the calibre of player we should be looking to attract.

Also with Big Sam narrowly avoiding the drop im sure he'll be looking to bolster his attack to assure they don't have a repeat next season, which could see JR pushed down the pecking order.
      Win or lose, on the booze

Comment

Originally posted by qprjim View Post
        Cant give you a definite answer. However it has been said before that he is a local boy/possible fan and he would relish a move back to London, complete conjecture I know but if we are serious about mounting a realistic assault on playoffs/automatic positions he is the calibre of player we should be looking to attract.

Also with Big Sam narrowly avoiding the drop im sure he'll be looking to bolster his attack to assure they don't have a repeat next season, which could see JR pushed down the pecking order.
        I hope so. I would love him to sign for us. This is the last year of his contract so we would have to buy him but not sure how much he is worth? More likely to get him next year when he is available for free.

Comment

I have been saying Jason Roberts for years. Then everyone latched onto the idea. The fact is I said it when I thought the rich owners would spend some of that money. The fact is we won't pay the 3million required so it won't happen, so just forget about it!
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
            I hope so. I would love him to sign for us. This is the last year of his contract so we would have to buy him but not sure how much he is worth? More likely to get him next year when he is available for free.
            I would like us to test their resolve with a bid in the region of 2.5-3.5 million, not only would it let us know where we stood but it would show real intent for next season.
            Win or lose, on the booze

Comment

Working...
            X