Anyone Who Stayed at the Hotel On Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Who Stayed at the Hotel On Saturday

I was shocked to have £50 swiped out of my card as a deposit, without them telling me. Check your debit cards, it might take 3-4 days for it to go back, if you did not buy any drinks on your hotel number and used cash !!
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
    I was shocked to have £50 swiped out of my card as a deposit, without them telling me. Check your debit cards, it might take 3-4 days for it to go back, if you did not buy any drinks on your hotel number and used cash !!
    apparently it's normal practice and one that was featured on watchdog months ago. hotels can,once they have your card details, "hold" a fixed sum until you depart/check out without trashing the room

one guy featured didn't like the look of his hotel but couldn't change because his original choice had "taken" a £500 deposit from his card when he booked the room!
    I don't care about morals 'cause the world's insane and we're all to blame anyway

Comment

ginger toupee

also can everybody check that you havent mistakingly taken my ginger toupee home
      i left it on a chair in the shower room you may not be aware that its stuck to your bottom you may have sat on it
      so could you check please thank you

Comment

Turd monster, can you just CALM DOWN!!!
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Firstly Pete this is kind of common practice. Most Hotels willl take a card deposit as a pre-payment in case you take the jimmy riddle whilst staying on their premisis, e.g. damage, steal, use of mini bar or simply you try and do a runner! Good Hotels will normally charge you the full accomondation costs at the end of your stay. The initial payment (usually £50) taken at the start should come off your balance as you leave. Hotels that charge that in addition and then refund it have either done it by mistake or are simply taking the piddle with you which you can argue against them doing so! However they only requested it and you must have agreed to it by either signing or giving them your PIN number. If that is not the case then they have misused your debit/credit card and are liable for fraud!

And secondly who is turd monster?
          Last edited by Dazzer1977; 28-04-2009, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Oh sorry...the turd monster is Dexter for England. Its fine as he helped come up with his new name
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Dazzer

good to know, they did neither
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

With reference to this turd monster, I haven't read a post of his since the new board started. I seem to keep getting:

View Post Today, 01:34 PM
                Remove user from ignore listdexterforengland
                This message is hidden because dexterforengland is on your ignore list.

:victory:

Pete I'd get onto them then and demand a refund straight away. If you never agreed to the initial payment then they could land themselves in a bit of bother!
                Last edited by Dazzer1977; 28-04-2009, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Me niether,accept when some insensertive fool,copy and pastes his ramblings.

Comment

Sharpy - Who is this insensertive fool?

Comment

Whoops

insensitive

Comment

;)

Comment

the hotel should not take an anmount of your card. what they should do is reserve an amount on the card especially if you have pre paid for the room. this ensures you can be charged at least that amount if required. this is the normal practice. not to actually charge the card
                          its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

If they have committed fraud, go for two things:

1) Your money back

2) Compensation - ie a free weekend.

3) If 1 and 2 don't work, get a lawyer mate of yours to phone them and threaten legal action - or even send them a letter about 1). Cheeky #######s

Comment

Originally posted by PeterG View Post
                              the hotel should not take an anmount of your card. what they should do is reserve an amount on the card especially if you have pre paid for the room. this ensures you can be charged at least that amount if required. this is the normal practice. not to actually charge the card
                              Correct PeterG. As I said before if they do take an amount then when you settle your balance in full then that amount should come off the total bill.

Comment

Working...
                              X