Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POSITIVES from the player of the year do

OK

I'm still angry about certain things last night - probably enhanced by the dire display on the pitch earlier BUT, i thought i'd state some positives from last night.....

I've stayed at the Edwardian a few times with work and it is without question a top notch hotel and venue..much better than the novotel and the food was more than edible it was actually pretty damned good! A first for a POTY do!!

In previous years we've had failing microphones, failing TV screens etc - the audio visual has been a joke...last night you couldnt fault it. Whoever organised things, i'm presuming Paul Morrisey and Ian Taylor had a big hand in it, did a great job...well done lads.

We've also had some pish poor compares previously but Rodney Marsh did a great job and spent a shed load of time with the fans.

Specific positives with regards to players and staff.

Gianni, as per the norm was there and spoke to everyone who wanted to chat to him.

Amit, started his intro stating he may be in line for a #######ing, to applause, and spent the rest of the night talking 1-2-1 with everyone. He really was a credit to himself and the club.

David Orman from commercial was there - tops bloke.

Ali Russell stayed away - well done ali, if you'd have been there it would have ruined the night you ########.

Certain senior players really showed their true colours..Ainsworth, Cerny, Gorkss to name a handful - albeit the minority.

The younger players were fantastic...and I mean fantastic, they give me hope! Balanta was brilliant, Rose was brilliant, German (who sacked off clubbing and must have been the last QPR employee to leave) was brilliant.

Coupled in with the latter, De Carmine and Alberti were great blokes all night, despite the language issues they chatted to everyone and anyone and really really made an effort with the kids and the fans in general.

The last two statements, as i said, give me hope as the youth seem to have their heads screwed on straight.

So, despite a dire evening which was only ruined by a large chunk of the first team players, there were positives!!

Positives we can hopefully build on?!

UUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRrrrsssssss
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

good to hear of some positives

poty do's haqvent always been poor from a venue and production point of view, I can remember some pretty good ones, it s the last few years they have gone downhill

best keep the youngsters away from the influence of some of the first team by the sounds of it.
    its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

The RRss are going up

The RRss are going up

and now you're gonna believe us
      and now you're gonna believe us

Comment

I chatted to our youth coach. Guy from Wycombe. He was a sound bloke.

Andy Evans- top man. What him and his team do is brilliant. One of the few things from last night that made me proud to be Rangers.

Can't say I spoke to any of the players. They were gone so quickly after the awards were finished.
        First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Another positive no one else mentioned is,once the players ******ed off bet there was more room at the bar
          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Your right there was alot of positives to take from last night! Alberti was a really nice lad, said he signed a 4 year contract and that he really is enjoying life in England! Which was nice to hear!
            Had to laugh tho i got to the bar and Alberti was there on his own trying to pay for a coke on his card, the barman looked at him funny so i jumped in and said add a beer to that mate and payed for them, alberti just looked at me as said "Thank you... i totally just forgot to take cash out", made me chuckle abit and realise not every player in there was some big time charlie!...Infact Alberti's english i thought was very good!

I really enjoyed meeting vine, ainsworth, alberti, ephraim, mahon, rowlands, cerny, and kasper! really nice guys! And as you say Scott the whole set up was very very good!!!
            Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Yeah, shame they weren't paying! £4.50 for a bottle of Carling and Grolsch!
              First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Ali Russell stayed away - well done ali, if you'd have been there it would have ruined the night you ########. - PMSL

Comment

I was actually going to ask that..

Was he not there,

I definitely did not see him
                  ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                  THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by Youvebeenrangered! View Post
                    Your right there was alot of positives to take from last night! Alberti was a really nice lad, said he signed a 4 year contract and that he really is enjoying life in England! Which was nice to hear!
                    Had to laugh tho i got to the bar and Alberti was there on his own trying to pay for a coke on his card, the barman looked at him funny so i jumped in and said add a beer to that mate and payed for them, alberti just looked at me as said "Thank you... i totally just forgot to take cash out", made me chuckle abit and realise not every player in there was some big time charlie!...Infact Alberti's english i thought was very good!

I really enjoyed meeting vine, ainsworth, alberti, ephraim, mahon, rowlands, cerny, and kasper! really nice guys! And as you say Scott the whole set up was very very good!!!
                    This is the positive thread but, i must say, vines dress sense was shocking! :waaaht:

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post

Can't say I spoke to any of the players. They were gone so quickly after the awards were finished.
                      perhaps they didnt want to speak to you mr cox;D;D

calm down mr jones,your not coming across as cool as that bloke in your avatar on the car;D;D

Comment

Originally posted by hammer View Post
                        perhaps they didnt want to speak to you mr cox;D;D

calm down mr jones,your not coming across as cool as that bloke in your avatar on the car;D;D
                        :chill:

You. In leather. Holding that. Gives me the horn :bad_smile:

Comment

Working...
                        X