Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sensible Suggestions To Make Up for POTY That Went Wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensible Suggestions To Make Up for POTY That Went Wrong?

Please don't make reference to season ticket prices, as its set in stone for next season.

What would you suggest would make up for the event and so many disappointed fans going home unhappy.

I'll give two.

Anyone who went last night will go for free next season or

QPR have a pre-season open day to meet the players and get stuff signed.

I would also suggest doing a Oillie style one to one with players, the kind he done before the Hillsborough game, where these players can get off thieir high horses, with honest and frank one to ones. Though, not sure it will work !!
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

1. They need to make sure the loyalty evening tomorrow does not go the same way -- it will just compound the criticisms.
    2. Bring back the open day!
    3. Give a refund (partial at least) to all those who went last night.
    4. And to avoid a repetition? Bring in a strong manager AND ALLOW HIM TO MANAGE -- all the while the managers are puppets, they will not command enough respect to make the players cooperate on such events.
    Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

swanley, Amit will not be there tomorrow night and I'm not sure the message will get back to the players in time

I'm not going for a few paid drinks, the club offering me discounts in the club shop and for the players to go after 30 minutes.

not sure if true, but did hear not all the players are going.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

I'll have my cash back and a video of Flavio going f/ing balistic at the players for being a joke and a disgrace.

Free ticket for next year? F Off.

Time is of the essence if they want to sell season tickets
        Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Good suggestions Pete and Nicola.

Not only should there be something written into players contracts about supporter events (codes of conduct, to remain at such events for ample time to allow for supporters to take photos/ask for autographs etc) but I also believe there should be an education programme, (perhaps instigated by the football league?) which shows how much a club matters to its fans.

Kind of like a training course type programme at clubs where players would get to learn a little bit about the history of each club, and then moving onto the supporters and how much those fans invest not only financially, but emotionally into their clubs.

I am sure I would not be the only one prepared to write a little resume to be included in such a programme which would enhance players' education regarding many of their core supporters. HIgh percentages of disposable incomes going into supporting their clubs. The commitment required. And of course the emotional part too.

I also believe that the return of the fans forums should be a must for next sesaon.

Comment

It would be great to have our Sporting Director set-out in detail for us-the paying fans-his strategy for the sporting direction of our club.

Comment

open day with proper effort from all the players - this should be standard anyway.

they cant give money back for poor player performance at a poty do that would be a precedent and i would be straight in afterwards asking for my season ticket money back based on the same reasoning as I am sure would many many others

I wouldnt tear into all the players though, some players are quite shy and uncertain in public, others are easily led. bottom line for me is that if you give them an inch they will take it. where is the management and dicipline, club management is poor, sort that out and the players will fall into line (mostly at least)
              its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by PeterG View Post
                open day with proper effort from all the players - this should be standard anyway.

they cant give money back for poor player performance at a poty do that would be a precedent and i would be straight in afterwards asking for my season ticket money back based on the same reasoning as I am sure would many many others

I wouldnt tear into all the players though, some players are quite shy and uncertain in public, others are easily led. bottom line for me is that if you give them an inch they will take it. where is the management and dicipline, club management is poor, sort that out and the players will fall into line (mostly at least)

nail head me thinks

no-one is truly in charge it seems.

So, Routledge, Ageymang, Hall need pulling aside re their attitude last night, amongst others, who is giong to do it?

Who told (if anyone) that the players could pre book cabs and a nightclub to F-off early doors?

Who's in charge????

Seems, to me that no-one is.

The ship is rudderless and (never thought i'd say this) I hope Flavio can get back over to the UK asap to sort things out. I dont think he would stand for his employees acting up in this way...
                Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

peteg spot on.

As for rblockells, unlike you to apportion blame. I think its the players supporters wanted to see anyway.

Comment

1. Certainly either money back or free ticket for next year

2. Players should always do a few events in the year where they stay with the fans and mingle.

3. Player of the year event- awards should finish earlier and all the players should stay for at least a couple of hours and mingle with the fans who have paid a lot of money to go to such an event!

4. Don't have auction prizes from our deadly rivals!

The players do not care about the club in my eyes apart from a handful. Some of them are on long contracts and on good wages. Why would they wanna leave?
                    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                      peteg spot on.

As for rblockells, unlike you to apportion blame. I think its the players supporters wanted to see anyway.

Blame????

i am not for "blaming" anyone

I simply asked a question

We have a Sporting Director

Will he set-out for us,the paying fans,the Sporting direction of our football club??

Comment

Originally posted by rblockells View Post
                        It would be great to have our Sporting Director set-out in detail for us-the paying fans-his strategy for the sporting direction of our club.

Why not give an answer relevant to the thread?

Comment

Theres no way they'll offer a free ticket for next year, the best would be half-price I think.
                          But thats too long to wait, so they should arrange something like an open day pre-season or as an alternative offer say a £50 voucher for the club shop.
                          Or a shirt signed by all the players for everybody who went, so that the players would have to do some work!

Comment

Originally posted by Fawny View Post
                            Why not give an answer relevant to the thread?
                            Ok

If we have a POTY do and players do not respect the importance of that,then would the Sporting Director be part of the process in making them show some respect??

Or is it nothing to do with him,and should everything be blamed on others??

Comment

this is why i am glad i did not attend. im extremely proud of qpr, but not so much in recent times. i believe some people are true pro's. eg cerny. ainsworth and there maybe a little bit of the old school in them which brings this out. However there will always be followers in group that go with the the elders of the group. but there are certain individuals who i believe do not put the performances in on the pitch that there wages/adulation derserve, and with a few drinks inside me would have been told a few home truths

Comment

Working...
                              X