**Neil Warnock**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **Neil Warnock**

Many on here think that because Palace haven't had the best of seasons it would mean Warnock would be an awful choice but how has he done for Palace?

When Warnock took the Crystal Palace job in October 2007 then were one point worse off then us and one position below us.

QPR - October 11th 2007 to End of Season
    Played: 37
    Won: 13
    Drew: 13
    Lost: 11
    Goals For: 52
    Goals Against: 46
    Points Per Match: 1.41

Crystal Palace - October 11th 2007 to End of Season
    Played: 36
    Won: 16
    Drew: 13
    Lost: 7
    Goals For: 46
    Goals Against: 30
    Points Per Match: 1.69

Under Warnock Palace recorded 9 points more with one match fewer. He also achieved a play off semi final after taking the team from 23rd to 6th. De Canio took over QPR when they too were 23rd and finished 14th. In January 2008 they signed 3 players for a total of 750k compared to us who signed 7 players totally almost £4.5m or 6 times the amount.

Overall not a bad record for someone who people think isn't good enough. After all if it hadn't been for the Tevez situation he would have guided Sheffield United to safety in the Premiership. He has experience at this level and has taken teams up which are two criteria we should be looking for in a manager.

very good post mate....makes me change my views on him a bit.......

Comment

I love you sirpiechucker.

Comment

Also to add:

Jordan pubically stated that he wanted to sell the club and wouldn't invest more money into the club

They had to sell their best player: Ben Watson
        Their club captain Mark Hudson and top scorer Clinton Morrison were allowed to leave and the average age of their team is the 2nd youngest in the division.

All that and they are only five points behind us in the division

Comment

Also to add:

Jordan pubically stated that he wanted to sell the club and wouldn't invest more money into the club

They had to sell their best player: Ben Watson
          Their club captain Mark Hudson and top scorer Clinton Morrison were allowed to leave and the average age of their team is the 2nd youngest in the division.

All that and they are only five points behind us in the division

Comment

Yep, wd have preferred Keane but given the REALISTIC choices left available he seems to be by far the best qualified.

Comment

I personally would welcome the appointment of Warnock.
              Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

If Warnock comes here and accepts the current structure and is First team coach instead of a manager. If he does not insist on buying his own players. I would then question whether he is only here for the money. In that scenario I wouldn't want him here, because he will be gone within 3 months.

Comment

Jordan has been actively trying to sell for 3 years. They have problems that are huge. Wage bill under control but they don't own the ground (private equity firm) nor the training ground....no assets and Jordan is alleged to want silly money

Comment

My hunch is he has missed the gravy train for selling a club like Palace for big money. Suspect he is stuck with it now - so Warnock will either have to get them promoted on thin air and youth or look elsewhere if he remains ambitious.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                      so Warnock will have to get them promoted on thin air
                      Flavio: "That's our man,then!"

Comment

Bushranger - cruel, but probably closer to the truth than we wd dare to think...
                        :confused::confused::confused:

Comment

would it be ok of me to say no.
                          what the hell was god thinking of when he thought of hamsters?

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                            Bushranger - cruel, but probably closer to the truth than we wd dare to think...
                            :confused::confused::confused:
                            Supporting the Rangers is turning me into a cynic, stainrodisalegend !!!! :waaaht:
                            Me, the eternal optimist, once upon a time!!!! :waaaht::waaaht: ;D

Comment

Working...
                            X