• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by big ade View Post
    what have i told you about divulging my cross dressing secrets
    never told anyone your weekend name...so not so bad

Comment

Its the way football is these days. The players live in a totaly different world to us. Reading this I am not shocked with how they acted. I know our players are not superstars and its probably wrong to compare but do you think Cristiano Ronaldo or Ronaldinho chill out with fans?? I know its sad but its the way football is these days.
      @chrisrobson9

Comment

To be honest,I want to watch footballers play football.There are probably very few of them who are interesting/witty/good company etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy View Post
          A heart on sleeve post from you there Pete. Thanks very much to you and Scott for giving your views on last night. Imagine if I had shelled out the money for the four of us to have gone? I would be fuming :waaaht:

and so would i if i had payed £70 and never got to see you in your red dress;D

Comment

Top post Pete.

If you look at the squads of some of the teams directly above and below us you'll see that they don't neccessarily have better players just managers who have brought unity. Take Owen Coyle and look at his Burnley squad - it has a couple of very good players in Eagles and Paterson but its full of journeymen pulling together and most would agree it is not a better squad then our own but they sit 13 points ahead of us and have beaten the likes of Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea. We need consistency, which is why I think Dowie should have been given more time.

It's imperative now that we employ a manager who doesn't have favourites within the squad, who isn't friendly with the players but leads by example. Stuart Pearce, Neil Warnock even Paul Ince (who I don't particularly want) would not let this happen.

I often think some of our players know they aren't good enough and are scared that one day they are going to get found out, which would have happened if we were promoted.

We need leaders on the pitch and most of all a leader of the pitch.

Comment

Agree with that Pete.
              My old man said be a Rangers fan, I said,......OK.

Comment

Excellent post Pete. Agree with everything. By far the worst player of the year event I have ever been to. Most of the players could not give a flying phuck about the fans. As soon as the awards were over they were all out the door! No chance for photos or to even chat with them.

The days of Bircham, Gallen and Day etc, are over for us. Most of our players have under performed this season and what Fitz Hall did sums the ***** up. Can't even get in our side and he's on top wages!
                First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Fitz Hall is on about 13k week....shocking piece off transfer dealing

Comment

Whoever started this thread, who are you and what have you done with Pete?

Comment

if all they care about is clubbing, then sod em...

a new arrogance blows thru qpr...

why and since when??

the family club values , the REAL FANS REAL FOOTBALL is long gone.

leeds leeds leeds leeds leeds

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                        is this not the same divulging of infomation to a fan who then posts on a message board that got sousa sacked!

I was thinking that. Maybe Gaz will go next then.
                        The future's bright...the future is blue and white.
                        :grimace:

Comment

Originally posted by rblockells View Post
                          To be honest,I want to watch footballers play football.There are probably very few of them who are interesting/witty/good company etc etc

Fair enough, so you wouldn' t attend an event like last night, but for people who did, and who DID want to meet the players and get photos etc, it was a poor show.

Comment

helguson has a severe stutter from what ive heard and is very shy. he also has a young family so you cant expect too much from him.

can someone who was there list the times approx. that the players left so that people can see who truly cares

Comment

As you came in just before half 7 all the players were in a corner outside the hall slouching on sofas. As they went in for dinner they were on their tables. The meal started and at intervals there were auctions etc. You couldn't go up to the players as they were eating. As soon as the awards were done at 11 they were off like a flash!
                              First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

The Problem now is that we have the Chris wright Scenario all over again with long contracts and high wages, the players are now just sitting back and collecting their rewards and doing nothing in exchange. F.Briatore has done wrong with the long contracts on players who he brought in for next to nothing 3-4 year contracts on say £10-15,000 a week is not just. The players will not get that anywhere else, they all do their bit to earn the long contracts with their Management teams but then after a while just sit back and do F**k all, Unless the player is proven quality just give the players 2 years max and let them earn the right for a new contract or just sell them, The problem with certain players is that they think they can do as they please as they think they are the best then get shipped out on loan, they need to learn that they turn up for training and have to work hard or stay in the reserves and rot not let them out on Loan
                                END OF

Comment

Working...
                                X