Supporter of the Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supporter of the Year

Well done to Fred Perry on getting the Supporter of the Year Award.

I don’t know who nominated him but well done. Many of the younger supporters won’t know him but he really is Mr QPR. Fred is 96/97 years young and sits next to me in the Upper Loft. Fred has great knowledge of QPR and has been going down to Loftus Road since the 1920’s. It’s great listening to him about the “old days” and some of the characters at the club from all the years gone by.

He manages to get to most home games from his home near Watford despite having a heavy fall last year and he now needs the aid of a walking stick. Until approx 10 years ago, he managed to go to many of the away games too. I doubt that there is anyone ever who has seen more QPR games than Fred so it’s a real tribute to him that he has this award.

I know he wasn’t able to go to the POTY last night as he had to look after his wife but it’s a real honour to know him and I’m really chuffed for him.

Well done Fred.

Fred is a real Gent in the true sence of the word, and thank you SmartRs for your post. Many R's as you say, won't know Fred .... I'm delighted he's been given the award.
    Wouldn't it be good, if QPRFC rewarded Fred with a free season ticket for the rest of his natural, his loyalty to the club is unpresidented, almost 'above and beyond' the call of duty..... not going to happen is it!

Joe Hylton.
    R.I.P Steve Edwards, Neil Roberts & Trevor Kingham
    Our "BROTHERS in HOOPS"

Comment

Congratulations to him, what a QPR legend he is.

Let's hope the R's can deliver a promotion for him.
      The future's bright...the future is blue and white.
      :grimace:

Comment

Never met him but congractulations Fred
        Now, Then, Forever
        [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

Excellent choice.

"Wouldn't it be good, if QPRFC rewarded Fred with a free season ticket for the rest of his natural"

yes it would be a nice touch, sadly i don't think it falls in line with Ali Russels perception of rewarding fan loyalty
          its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Congratulations to him.

I wondered why a supporter wasnt announced. But hearty congrats, dont know him but, sounds like he thoroughly deserved it.
            Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

If though he could not manage to go, they should have announced it.
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Totally agree Q block Pete.

Was there myself last nite
                and there was no announcement
                at all.

Congratulations to Fred Perry.

And yes it would be very nice
                if the club give Fred a free season
                ticket for the rest of his natural.
                Last edited by rainhamrangers; 26-04-2009, 12:30 PM.
                Heaven is full of true great Q.p.r players & fans
                May they all Rest in Peace.

Comment

Congratulations Fred, we were all wondering why nothing was announced last night.

Comment

well done fred, and such a name too!

Comment

Originally posted by PeterG View Post
                      Excellent choice.

"Wouldn't it be good, if QPRFC rewarded Fred with a free season ticket for the rest of his natural"

yes it would be a nice touch, sadly i don't think it falls in line with Ali Russels perception of rewarding fan loyalty
                      Would be a nice gesture if they did it.

Think how much money he has invested in this club over all those years?.

Comment

Congrats fred
                        We're Queens Park Rangers, we rule supreme

Comment

i know Fred as we are both QPR fans and we live in the same area, the man is a true legend and followed QPR since he was a young man, always got plenty to say about the R's, how is he going to receive his award? the club should hand it to him with a free season ticket for as long as he wants one.

Comment

Working...
                          X