Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today

I am not as downhearted as some. Basically when I saw the team with little creativity in the middle I did not expect too much. The defence played well, especially Legs at right back and they passed the ball well. Unfortunately although Mahon did ok, he is not creative and nor is Miller. Shows how much we missed Lopez. Pat did his usual 'lapdancer' performance ans Helguson is so short of confidence it is worrying. Cook looked ok till he took the knock and then was out of it and generally they took their foot of the gas after the ref decided that if we got chopped down it was not a foul. All in all I would rather have our team at least trying to play it on the floor than Plymouth who only wanted to lump it up. Unfotunately chances come when you continue to launch it into the penalty area but it is not pretty to watch. If we can add a couple of decent forwards and sign Lopez we will have a decent side with Buz, Vine and Rowlands back. So glass half full.
    RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Agree with you 100% -- our creativity was wearing suits and all sitting up in the C club today or in the executive boxes.
    Hope today was just end-of-season squad rotation, and not a taste of our team for next season -- I don't want to go to Hartlepool again...
    Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

hmmmm i thought Legs was poor today at right back. just shows how opinions can differ so much from watching the same game. And i thought Mahon was OUTSTANDING.....at forward rolls......does that bloke spend training sessions just learning how to fall and roll or what? puts himself about i spose.

Comment

I thought Cookie had a great first 30 minutes and Connolly a poor first half.Connolly just seemed to give the ball away everytime he passed it during that period.

Stewpeas still looks nervy IMO.

Comment

Everyone sees the game differently, but I still think Legs did well and showed a nice bit of skill on a couple of occaisions at the back, Conners just seemed to want to get himself on the scoresheet. As I saw it we were experimenting in a game that didn't mean anything.
          RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Working...
          X