Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do We Have To Spend Big To Get Into Premiership?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do We Have To Spend Big To Get Into Premiership?

Is it against our prinicipals or should we feel that it is the only way to get promoted?
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Not necessarily BUT, we'd need to spend big to stay there
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Not if we had a decent scouting system, then we could look at the lower divisions for emerging talant.
      They seek him here.................

Comment

I may be alone in this but spend and big is the only way for me.Also spend big on the Yth set up and scouts and we will have the complete package.Chelsea are a fine example of this.
        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
          Is it against our prinicipals or should we feel that it is the only way to get promoted?
          well its as simple as this,if we dont bring in AT LEAST 1 quality striker,20 goal a year guy,and he will need to spend £1-3 million for him,and probably a goalkeeper and a defender,then we WONT get promoted.you had this thread last summer as well on the old board,i said EXACTLY the same about the striker,you(pete)disagreed with me then,have a feeling you wont this time;)

Comment

I think we need to spend big in the right areas. We have a really good defence for this division with good cover except maybe at left back. And yeah Ramage at right back is a defensive defender, maybe we could use a more Bardsleyesque type full-back but they aren't easy to come by! He was an England quality player and we are in the Championship.

We need a creative central midfielder, who when we are not playing that well, can change the game. Buz did this and won us 3 or 4 games last season pretty much with moments of inspiration. If he is injured, we need someone similar. Lopez looks excellent to me! And with him we need a realyl good solid defensive midfielder. I like what we have in that area. But you can't play Rowly and Ledge together for example.

We mostly need a 20 a year striker. THAT is where you splash the cash. THAT is what mnakes the difference. And we didn't bother to do that.

Comment

Yes.
              http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

We have already spent a lot of money and more will have to spent in the summer and in January if we are going to get promoted as nice a sentiment it is to try to do it on a budget I'm afraid these days it's not really possible!
                Unfortunately I think they will have to admit that and just get the cheque book out on the basis that it will be much easier to start seeing a return on their money with the club in the Premiership, something that isn't going to happen as long as we stay in this division!

Comment

yes

agree with scarlet hes got it spot on there we need to look at these lower divisions thats where aaron mclean came from and craig mackal smith thats where we found ferdinand and impy

Comment

Thank you Dex.
                    They seek him here.................

Comment

I would like to think that the new manager will know the areas we need to strengthen(1 striker, 1 right back,and a left back),so it could end up costing a few quid.Unfortunately,quality costs!!!!!
                      I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

Its not how much you spend but, how you spend it.
                        Everyday Plumbers Bristol
                        63 Sommerville Road, Bristol, BS7 9AD.
                        0117 239 1217
                        http://redlandplumbing.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by dexterforengland View Post
                          agree with scarlet hes got it spot on there we need to look at these lower divisions thats where aaron mclean came from and craig mackal smith thats where we found ferdinand and impy
                          i don't believe i am doing this ......but spot on mate

Comment

Well we need to buy 2 quality strikers, even if they cost £2m each, if they do the business and get you the goals then you will get promoted.

I think the days are gone where you can build a team around free transfers and get automatic promotion.

Like I have said all along, we lack quality.

Comment

Working...
                            X