Anyone remember....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone remember....

after west broms promotion at loftus road last season, briatorie saying that will be us next season.

Well....
    was he being serious? I didnt see us spending the £5-10mil needed for promotion.
    Last season both west brom and stoke spent roughly £6mil to get promoted.
    This season wolves spent around £5mil, birmingham maintained talent from premiership which cost them in previous seasons.

Briatorie and co. dont seem to realise money needs to be spent on REAL talent not has beens like helguson in order for us to get promotion.

GET YOUR CHEQUE BOOK OUT!!!

I take your point and you are right, but what is talent?

If someone said Beckford, then someone will pipe along and say, he is not.

If someone said bring Blackstock back, others would disagree.

Its very difficult to get the right striker. You have to find a name the majority agree on. I would like Welbeck or Campbell personally and spend the money.

Trouble is, they will probably go to the premiership.

Any striker below premiership level is going to cause debate.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Too right!
      We really must start being a little bit more ambitious in the transfer market than we have been of late.
      Investing more on the playing side, rather than the corporate side of things, really would be the wisest thing to do.

Comment

Would love to see Mittal slap down some loose change and go bang here is 10 million for two top strikers. The other players will have to get over it and appreciate they cannot match wages and bonuses. its about gettting to the premiership.

The only problem is, many were advocating not spending big and be like our foes down the road.

just my opinion
        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

The only way to win this league is to bring in the best players available in the championship.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
            Would love to see Mittal slap down some loose change and go bang here is 10 million for two top strikers. The other players will have to get over it and appreciate they cannot match wages and bonuses. its about gettting to the premiership.

The only problem is, many were advocating not spending big and be like our foes down the road.

just my opinion
            After this season I don't think there'll be too many people advocating spending small amounts on the first team squad, pete.
            Like you, I'd be doing back flips all the way down the Goldhawk Rd if Mittal were to do exactly as you suggest.
            As for not doing it the Chelski way, I'm afraid I don't think there is any other alternative, unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
            X