De Canio Re-Appointed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
    I'd bet anyone money that the people opposed to LDC, are opposed to the sporting director?

Am I right?

No other logical reason why you would think LDC was no good. Anyone who watched his teams play regularly, cannot possibly tell me they did not enjoy it.
    I've said countless time I have nothing against either GP or the role of a Sporting Director but I can't say I enjoyed eleven matches we lost with him in charge.

I think the football under him was the best I've seen in year at LR. I think we played some teams off the park but I cannot say that all 34 matches were enjoyable.

Please don't respond about Sousa because this isn't about the dire football played with him in charge or his record this thread is purely about LDC and were these matches excellent to watch:

Ipswich 0-0
    Wolves 0-0
    Barnsley 0-0
    Coventry 0-0
    Ipswich 0-0
    Losing 3-0 to Norwich
    Losing 2-0 to WBA
    Losing 2-1 to Coventry
    Losing 2-1 to Palace

The 4-2 loss to Burnley was a great game but from being 2 nil up and coasting it it was not enjoyable in the 2nd half.

I would like to see LDC return because I don't see Wise, Keane or anyone else English lasting the whole season but he has to have improved his English, has to get the players fit for 90 minutes and has to concentrate a little more on defence. Watching good football and not winning is not going to get us promoted.

Comment

Big difference is

he started from scratch and you just cannot admit it

No comparison.

Sousa had an established set of players.

De Canio had 6 points from 9 games when he took over.

Come on Sirpie, you know who the best manager is really, don't you?
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

EYR,

I guess it will come under "too much of a yes man"

As techincally no-one can argue he is not a good manager
        Technically you can - he was 2 points better than Sousa over his best period and he had Vine & Buzz available.
        "Originally Posted by qblockpete
        QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
        Swansea will finish in bottom 6
        Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Big difference is

No comparison.

WRONG :shame:
          A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

fair enough

But who was the better manager?

ABSOLUTELY NO CONTEST
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Big difference is

No comparison.

Right now he is the better manager but many chairmen have fired him but for what reasons? He has managed 12 different clubs for an average of 2 years at a time. I know the football will be great especially when compared with Sousa but why does he keep getting fired and why has he never managed a top team? Because he is misunderstood or because he isn't actually as great as people make out? From Jan 1st with out the likes of Malcolm etc he won 8 out of 20 matches - hardly setting the world alight. When Keane took Sunderland up he won 16 out 20 in the same period.

I don't want Keane but there are reasons why LDC has lost his job so many times which you and I don't even know about and when he was with us he wasn't the messiah that you think he was. If he comes and we get promoted I will take it all back and make a big charitable donation but I don't think its likely.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I have differing views to you on Keane.

I think he would get us up to.

I'd be happry with LDC or Keane

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I have differing views to you on Keane.

I think he would get us up to.

I'd be happry with LDC or Keane
                  I don't want Keane not because of his abilities but because I don't think he'll last the season. He'll either walk or be fired if things don't go according to Briatore's plan.

Comment

I'd bet anyone money that the people opposed to LDC, are opposed to the sporting director?

Am I right?

No other logical reason why you would think LDC was no good. Anyone who watched his teams play regularly, cannot possibly tell me they did not enjoy it.
                    sorry pete I can I did not enjoy us throwing it away week in week out in the last 5 minutes of nearly every game not saying football was crap but got fed up with all the late goals conceded

Comment

According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

The time is near my flock, the time is near.

Peace to all.
                      Seek the LORD, that you may live, lest he come upon the house of Joseph like a fire That shall consume, with none to quench it for the house of Israel

Comment

Working...
                      X