X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
    W12 ranger

These players are solid defenders.

I cannot see Ramage bombing down the wing under De canio, do you?

Delaney played better last season

Cerny is better than Camp

Gorkss has played at a very good level both at club and International level, you cannot untrain good defenders.

I think, you are just picking an agument, that you know you cannot win.

Stewart for a number of games had to take charge of the back 4 on his own, until mancienne came back.

I would never have envisaged someone like Delaney bombing down the wing so no I don't agree with you but it happened under LDC. I also never see Stewart take control of the back 4 ever under LDC his performances last season were shambolic.

Telling me I'm picking an argument, is like telling me this is a debate you want to swerve. In order for this club to move forward we need to bring someone like Keane / Warnock / Curbishley in and relinquish your pal of his position at this club. Sousa wanted to lay solid foundations at this club from the bottom up and he wasn't allowed to due to what appeared to me to be an internal conspiracy at this club.

Reappointing De Canio suggests to me Sousa refused to be a yes man and the board did not like it.
    Last edited by W12_Ranger; 22-04-2009, 08:02 PM.

Comment

For obvious reasons, I had to delete the last two lines of your post.

I hope you can understand that in the heat of an argument, thats not the right thing to do.

At this stage we are just speculating. No-one knows for sure who is getting the job.
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

If De Canio comes back I will be MASSIVELY dissapointed and incredibly numb about the coming season. (That will probably only last until transfer rumour time)

Comment

Pete,

We had many discussions over LDC and Sousa and I'm not going to start one again but i do want to say this thread is now 5 pages long and for the last 4 pages you are the only one who is pro LDC. I think it is great that you stand by what you believe and you are 100% entitled to your opinion but you have to appreciate the majority are against him returning. And rather than accepting that the fans don't want him you are trying to fight against people who's arguments won't change. I tried fighting you and I've given up because I'm not going to change your opinion.

In relation to the defenders are better so De Canio's defence would be better argument you have to remember that Hiddink took the same bunch of players that Scolari had and results dramatically improved under his leadership - FACT. There is no guarantee that LDC will do the same even with better players than he had a year ago.

Anyway, I'll leave you to continue with this argument.

Comment

how do you know that then pete have you had a convo with him lately then

Comment

To be honest, I am far from alone on my view of LDC.

Its Yourself, KLR, W12ranger who make up the bulk of criticism of him.:boss:
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Sirpie

I'm no GP apologist, nor a Pete sycophant, but you would have to add me to the pro LDC camp.

Yes I loved the good performances and I do remember some of the **** poor ones but to my mind, compared to some of the other contenders he would be by far and away the most acceptable choice.

Comment

I guess we will see when/if he joins us. If it happens a second time, following the results of PS then we can judge him once and for all.

Tough life as a manger isn't it. Can't win.......excuse the pun.
                  The future's bright...the future is blue and white.
                  :grimace:

Comment

im with pete on this one to

Comment

Originally posted by QblockDan View Post
                      im with pete on this one to

Is that cause you sit in Q Block and rock to Petes Samba beat

Comment

Deeee canioooo
                        We're Queens Park Rangers, we rule supreme

Comment

No LDC - please.

Would be a disaster on so many levels.
                          Last edited by Nodge70; 23-04-2009, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Charles View Post
                            Sirpie

I'm no GP apologist, nor a Pete sycophant, but you would have to add me to the pro LDC camp.

Yes I loved the good performances and I do remember some of the **** poor ones but to my mind, compared to some of the other contenders he would be by far and away the most acceptable choice.
                            Well said, what he said and other similar phrases spring to ming. Oh and I don't sit, sorry stand over there either.
                            As ever I believe it would be a good choice with the criteria I've listed on numerous previous occassions - one of which I see Pete implies has been met - the English language.
                            Harbin is here and why would they sack him?
                            A good defensive coach to carry on the good work to date?
                            Get that and I'm happy to watch the football de canio stylee
                            #standuptocancer
                            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                              Well said, what he said and other similar phrases spring to ming. Oh and I don't sit, sorry stand over there either.
                              As ever I believe it would be a good choice with the criteria I've listed on numerous previous occassions - one of which I see Pete implies has been met - the English language.
                              Harbin is here and why would they sack him?
                              A good defensive coach to carry on the good work to date?
                              Get that and I'm happy to watch the football de canio stylee

Harbin is only here until Dowie and Flowers get another full time job.

De Canio's Lecce are still conceding last minute goals and shipping them like a sieve. His record since leaving has been dire. The players weren't crying or begging him to stay. Aside from any personal relationship with the Board, there's just no logical reason to bring LDC back. After all, he had a almost identical record to Sousa. Pointless appointment if it comes off.

Let's go round again

Comment

If the choice is LDC or Warnock, LDC everytime. I really dislike Warnocks style of play and his moaning whinging nature

Comment

Working...
                                X