Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest from the Kilburn Times

Dave McIntyre/Kilburn Times - Bisch switch off

- QPR have scrapped plans to sign midfield playmaker Amaury Bischoff from Arsenal.- Bischoff, whose long-term future at the Emirates is unclear, had been pencilled in to play during QPR's end-of-season visit to Bahrain ahead of a possible move to the club.
    -However, talks with the Gunners have reached a dead end and the French-born 22-year-old, who has represented Portugal at under-21 level, now looks unlikely to sign for Rangers.
    - Bischoff has been a peripheral figure since his surprise move to Arsenal from Werder Bremen last summer and has made just three susbstitute appearances for the first-team, all in cup competitions.

- But the Rs will soon make their decision on whether to sign Chelsea teenager Jordan Tabor, who has been on trial at Loftus Road.
    - The 18-year-old left-back has been closely assessed since his arrival and recently played for Rangers' reserves before featuring for the youth team during a trip to Sardinia.
    - With his opportunities at Chelsea limited, the player is hoping to secure a move to W12 ahead of next season.
    - Tabor said: "I'm still with Chelsea but obviously if QPR offer me a contract, it would be something to think about.
    -"I think QPR are an emerging club with a lot of ambition and joining them would be a good opportunity for me. We'll have to see what happens."
    - Rangers - who confirmed this week that they will play a friendly against the Bahrain national team on Thursday May 7, as part of their sponsorship deal with Gulf Air - are keen to sign a left-back this summer to provide competition for Damien Delaney.

- The club are also hoping to sign Bristol City's veteran target man Dele Adebola on a Bosman free transfer and have shown some interest in Swindon's 28-goal forward Simon Cox.
    - And the Rs have also made initial enquiries about Swansea City midfielder Darren Pratley.
    - The former Fulham man, who had two loan spells at Brentford, has played a significant role in Swansea's challenge for a play-off place this season.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Well that will make people run out and buy season tickets.

Comment

Pure speculation and none of those are with Base Soccer so I doubt we would get them
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

It makes sense not to go after both Prattley and Bischoff as they are both central midfielders and we have quite a few already. I know very little about both but what I do know is that one has experience at this level and has played quite a bit this season and the other has not (Bischoff).

I hope Adebola is not the only striker we target as we need more and can do better than just Dele.

Tabor has no first team experience so its too early to tell whether he will be a good signing or not. I hope for his sake that he is given plenty of time in the reserves before called upon for the first team.

Comment

And that's our transfer limit with the richest man in the world on our side.

Comment

Not having first team experience, did not stop Connolly
            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Connolly was on loan at Col Utd

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                And that's our transfer limit with the richest man in the world on our side.
                so he should spend his own money on players because he is the richest in the world..........
                expectations too high in my opinion......

Comment

We must be looking at better players than these

I hope and pray they dont think Dele Adebola alone is the man to take us up

Comment

Expectation is high because of the premiership prices we are paying to watch whoever they get in on loan or on free transfer.

Also, what is the point of having two effing billionaires and a multi millionaire on the board of your FC. It seems to be accptable to spend many millions on lightbulbs, corporate boxes, VIP seating and dining areas which are not used but we cant expect them to spend a few bob on the playing side?
                    Last edited by paulmason; 22-04-2009, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Expectation is high because of the premiership prices we are paying to watch whoever they get in on loan or on free transfer.

Also, what is the point of having two effing billionaires and a multi millionaire on the board of your FC. It seems to be accptable to spend many millions on lightbulbs, corporate boxes, VIP seating and dining areas which are not used but we cant expect them to spend a few bob on the playing side?
                      still doesn't answer WHY they should spend their own money.......not as tho they are going to get it back in any shape or form.......if it was your money taking away the fact you are a fan would you just throw money at a club...or turn them into a buisiness that paid for itself.

Comment

Because it provides some financial stability, assists in the payment of outstanding taxes, attracts investment via high profile sponsors, which over a period of time will provide further financial stability and generally raises the profile of the Club. What it does not do however, is make us the Club everyone wants to play for for free meaning that multifarious journeymen and average players and their agents will come sniffing for a free ride. It also doesn't ensure overnight automatic promotion and nor does it mean that those wealthy men will spend that money in an Abramovich style to achieve short term success.

You only have to look at what Gordon Brown and Tony Blair before him have done on a financial level to see that such an approach leads to a boom bust economy in the same way we would become a yo yo football Club - one thing I agree 100% with Briatore on that we should not aim to be.
                        #standuptocancer
                        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                          Because it provides some financial stability, assists in the payment of outstanding taxes, attracts investment via high profile sponsors, which over a period of time will provide further financial stability and generally raises the profile of the Club. What it does not do however, is make us the Club everyone wants to play for for free meaning that multifarious journeymen and average players and their agents will come sniffing for a free ride. It also doesn't ensure overnight automatic promotion and nor does it mean that those wealthy men will spend that money in an Abramovich style to achieve short term success.

You only have to look at what Gordon Brown and Tony Blair before him have done on a financial level to see that such an approach leads to a boom bust economy in the same way we would become a yo yo football Club - one thing I agree 100% with Briatore on that we should not aim to be.
                          superb post mate...and just about sums it up

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                            Not having first team experience, did not stop Connolly
                            As EYR said he was on loan with Colchester in this league and made 15 appearances which is a lot more to judge a player on than the current zero that Tabor has made.

Comment

well said bluehoop

Comment

Working...
                              X