No announcement yet.

Sousa to Ipswich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many years in living memory have we actally had a side that played progressive, attractive passing football?
    "Originally Posted by qblockpete
    QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
    Swansea will finish in bottom 6
    Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
      And by the same token many share the opposite opinion - it's all about opinions.
      And what is patronising about pointing out that about Stoke's style?

And I am not in the Paladini camp whatsoever, but am a long time Rangers fan who wants to get back to the days when we were associated with progressive, attractive passing football which we have more chance of doing (in my opinion) with LDC than we do with Keane or Warnock.
      I think it is a given that every qpr fan wants to be associated with this brand of football.

IMO I would rather have Roy Keane at the helm, someone who has won this league prior with Sunderland, (who he did have playing good, attractive football)and someone who can actually communicate on the touchline to his players rather than someone who has a slightly marginally better record than the previous incumbent and someone incapable of actually speaking directly to his players. That to me would show progression, the reappointment of LDC would be anything but.
      Win or lose, on the booze

Comment

Im firmly in the "Just get us out of this f*#king division camp"

Pretty football is all good on the eye but it wont get Swansea promoted and it hasnt kept WBA up.
        Ive lost count on how many times ive heard people say "Wolves are not the best footballing team in the division" maybe not but theyve just got promoted.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjim View Post
          I think it is a given that every qpr fan wants to be associated with this brand of football.

IMO I would rather have Roy Keane at the helm, someone who has won this league prior with Sunderland, (who he did have playing good, attractive football)and someone who can actually communicate on the touchline to his players rather than someone who has a slightly marginally better record than the previous incumbent and someone incapable of actually speaking directly to his players. That to me would show progression, the reappointment of LDC would be anything but.
          Agree with you there, very well put.
          I'm still none the wiser as to why Paulo Sousa isnt still our manager ? but anyway, the more I think about Keane, I really do believe he would be able to galvanise us & let people know EXACTLY what they are supposed to be doing & where, this season ( amongst other things ) has been about a lack of leadership, I'm sure Keane could & would address this problem in no uncertain terms.
          He could galvanise us as a team & as a football club, or it could go spectacularly wrong very early on, either way it will be interesting.
          Still would rather not be having this discussion & would rather have Paulo Sousa as QPR manager.

Comment

Would be interesting to see exactly what Sousa is capable of if he went to ITFC and had full control on team/transfer affairs and a pre season under his belt.

Comment

Couldn't really care.

I don't think he did a good job at QPR, apart from bringing in Lopez, and maintaining solid defensive performances (by not making unnecessary changes).

7 wins from 24 games and 11 games in which QPR failed to score in, wasn't good enough. He can blame injuries to key players to some extent, but he changed the formation, players and tactics far too often to give stability a chance.

Sousa, for me, is like many other great players who tried management. I doubt if he will ever repeat his record in management.

My theory is that he and others, lack the hunger to succeed.
              Fergusson, Wenger, Mourinho, Paisley, Shankly, Clough etc were ordinary footballers, (the latter might have been a great, but a knee injury cut short his career) who had a hunger to become great at management as compensation.

Charlton, Moore and others, achieved so much as players, there seemed little need for them to dedicate their lives even further to the sport.

Comment

Sousa to

I find myself agreeing with QPRJim which makes a nice change, though I'm sad to see Sousa go. No LDC:he will be a disaster, a step backwards I think. Wonder if Sousa will take Routledge to Ipswich?
                Last edited by bushkangaroo; 22-04-2009, 03:10 PM. Reason: mistake

Comment

Working...
                X