No announcement yet.

Just back from the Youth team game.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just back from the Youth team game.....

Ok we lost 2-1 to quite a bright Grimsby side...there number 10 had a very good game.

Many others are better qualified to talk about our young prospects than I I thought our keeper Elvis played well our winger Parker and German up front.

All look decent propsects and possibly could make the step up possibly send them out on loan next season.

Parker took his goal well early in the first half but Grimsby in general knocked the ball around better than us in quite a direct game...well quite a few long balls to be honest.

The club I hope in future will spend some money on the whole youth set up we need to get back to academy status in the future and that will require us upgrading our youth teams facilities.

Nice to see Gareth Ainsowrth, Amit, and Gianni all in the crowd.

Also spotted Mike Newell, Mark Stein and Cyril Regis.

A decent nights football well done lads onwards and upwards.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Cyrill for manager with Stein as assistant then.Ring the Sun.
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

another final you lost then;D;D;D

Comment

Hows your Australian these days Hammer?

Comment

now now....lol

they left the pub very sharpish!!

Comment

Comment

do need to improve our youth set-up.

Why are we playing teams like Grimsby?
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

[QUOTE=qblockpete;34136]do need to improve our youth set-up.

Why are we playing teams like Grimsby?[/QUOTE]

Erm, because they made it to the final? :confused:
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Why? Because they are still better than QPR's yout team.

QPR are a long, long way away from having the kind of set up that saw players such as Clive & Bradley Allen, Paul Goddard, Gavin Pea****, Alan McDonald, Gary Waddock, Ian Stewart, Ian Dawes & Warren Neill come through the ranks. Or going back even further, Gerry Francis, Dave Clement, Ian Gillard etc.

Comment

Just watched the highlights.

The Grimsby number 10 was their best player and Putnins, German and Parker all look like great prospects. Didn't think that was a red card...Ref was crap as well

Lads looked very unlucky and were un-done by a very good first goal.
                    Everyday Plumbers Bristol
                    63 Sommerville Road, Bristol, BS7 9AD.
                    0117 239 1217
                    http://redlandplumbing.co.uk/

Comment

Grimsby's No.10 was brilliant. Parker also looks like a great prospect. And considering the red card was for a professional foul, he should have gone - and did.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                        do need to improve our youth set-up.

Why are we playing teams like Grimsby?
                        Because we're a centre of excellence and we enter cup and league fixtures with other C/E sides. This is why our first priority should be to reinstate our academy, play teams such as the Gunners and Chelsea, Spurs instead of teams we're playing at the moment, i've seen QPRs 15s and ive seen RS 16s and under 12s they need to be tested at a far higher level than they are, and thats why we're not producing players for the first team or anyone else's first team for that matter. also big Cyrill is a agent these days, should start a few rumors going especially if you know who he represents.

Comment

Why are we playing teams like Grimsby..When I first read that I thought numb nuts ..cup final ect, but I think what you mean is if we had a propper set up again ( accademy ) then we wouldn't be..least I hope thats what you ment ggez

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                            Because we're a centre of excellence and we enter cup and league fixtures with other C/E sides. This is why our first priority should be to reinstate our academy, play teams such as the Gunners and Chelsea, Spurs instead of teams we're playing at the moment, i've seen QPRs 15s and ive seen RS 16s and under 12s they need to be tested at a far higher level than they are, and thats why we're not producing players for the first team or anyone else's first team for that matter. also big Cyrill is a agent these days, should start a few rumors going especially if you know who he represents.

Jason Roberts.

Comment

Working...
                            X