Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Keanes shocking transfer policy......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Keanes shocking transfer policy......

Here's some of Keano's signings do you think Sunderland got value for money?

Kieran Richardson (Manchester United, £5.5m)

Anton Ferdinand, (West Ham United, £8m)

Andy Reid (Charlton Athletic, £4m)

Craig Gordon (Heart of Midlothian, £9m)

Michael Chopra (Cardiff City, £5m)

Rade Prica (Aalborg, £2m)

Greg Halford (Reading, £2.5m)

Pascal Chimbonda (Tottenham Hotspur, £4.9m)

Kenwyne Jones (Southampton, £6m)
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

How much did we pay for Routledge? Or Gorkss? or Cerny?
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Greg Halford
      Kenwyne Jones
      Kieran Richardson

They are the only ones worth anywhere near their money.

They should have kept hold of Halford.
      Your mum would love me...

Comment

Andy Reid - good value
        Craig Gordon has a decent resale value and will come good
        Jones is worth over three times what he paid (nowhere near £6m btw - more like £2.5m)
        Richardson is worth than he paid.
        Got his money back on Chimbonda
        Tainio and Malbranque - excellent signings.
        Cisse - excellent loan acquisition.

Huge error with Diouf and Ferdinand at those prices. Not a bad set of transfers by any means.

Also left the club in a far healthier position both in terms of league position and strength in depth than when he joined. Sbragia seems intent on knocking it all down though.

Comment

or Borrowdale, or Padula's paid up contract, or paying Sturridge off? The list could go on and on Scott.

How much could we have made on Mancienne? (off to Wolves for £4 mill according to BBC..

Would be fairer to compare Keane in the Championship vs GP in the championship if you are going to be accurate.
          "Originally Posted by qblockpete
          QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
          Swansea will finish in bottom 6
          Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Originally posted by writtler View Post
            or Borrowdale, or Padula's paid up contract, or paying Sturridge off? The list could go on and on Scott.

How much could we have made on Mancienne? (off to Wolves for £4 mill according to BBC..

Would be fairer to compare Keane in the Championship vs GP in the championship if you are going to be accurate.
            I don't understand you sometimes writtler...
            Why does nigh on EVERY one of your arguments have to go back to GP?

This thread was aimed at reasons not to take Roy Keane...Reasons that I agree with. Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy about the tranfer status within the club, but FFS, get over it mate.

Let's try and focus on what's going on in the future.

Do you want Roy Keane?
            Yes, or no?

Personally, I don't.

Oh, and Mancienne didn't want to sign for us on a perm.

Comment

He should get on well with Paladini then.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                I don't understand you sometimes writtler...
                Why does nigh on EVERY one of your arguments have to go back to GP?

This thread was aimed at reasons not to take Roy Keane...Reasons that I agree with. Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy about the tranfer status within the club, but FFS, get over it mate.

Let's try and focus on what's going on in the future.

Do you want Roy Keane?
                Yes, or no?

Personally, I don't.

Oh, and Mancienne didn't want to sign for us on a perm.
                Not true. We didn't even offer a deal. Chelsea wanted too much money for another loan

GP buys the players - Keane bought the players. Both Championship clubs. Perfectly acceptable analogy IMO.

Personally, I'd have Keane like a shot. If nothing else, it would re-awaken our latent Irish support in Kilburn

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                  Not true. We didn't even offer a deal. Chelsea wanted too much money for another loan

GP buys the players - Keane bought the players. Both Championship clubs. Perfectly acceptable analogy IMO.

Personally, I'd have Keane like a shot. If nothing else, it would re-awaken our latent Irish support in Kilburn
                  I'm not bothered about perfect analogies mate, just can't work out why all arguements from certain posters seem to be one dimensional.

Great reason to take Keane on...getting the Irish fans back.
                  As far as I can see...We've not lost many of them at all. The ones I know have stayed very loyal to the club.

Keane is not the answer IMO.

With regards to MM, I'm just going by his words the he wanted to go back to Chelsea.
                  He didn't even want to re-sign on loan.

Comment

Originally posted by writtler View Post

The thread is about Keano not GP.

Some shocking transfers there 8 million for Anton Ferdinand?
                    http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

Not sure that would happen. Roy Keane splits many people in Ireland, half think he is a legend the other half think he is scum for the incident with Mick Mccarthy
                      Win or lose, on the booze

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post

There has been a couple of poor transfers, but some very astute signings as well, reminds me a bit of GP's record.

A revert back to the traditional system is what this club is screaming out for, if Keane/Warnock comes with a full pre-season behind them, I believe the club will make some serious progress this year.

Now Funky tell me are you anti-keane because you want Gp to remain on as sporting director?
                        Win or lose, on the booze

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post

But the analogy, perfectly fair, is that current personnel in charge of our transfers make shocking errors too (Oliseh, Tchakounte, Borrowdale, Padula) etc....

You can turn up a poor signing for every single manager out there...

Ferguson - Ralph Milne or Veron or Taibi or Prunier etc....
                          Benitez - Dossena, Ngog, Babel, Voronin
                          Wenger - Cygan, Stepanovs, Wright, Jeffers....

But you'd take any of those three :grimace:

Comment

But the analogy, perfectly fair, is that current personnel in charge of our transfers make shocking errors too (Oliseh, Tchakounte, Borrowdale, Padula) etc....

You can turn up a poor signing for every single manager out there...

Ferguson - Ralph Milne or Veron or Taibi or Prunier etc....
                            Benitez - Dossena, Ngog, Babel, Voronin
                            Wenger - Cygan, Stepanovs,Wright, Jeffers....

But you'd take any of those three :grimace:
                            Come on...Veron is class, jus not suited for this league.

Prunier was just unlucky. Had a great debut, then got made a scapegoat for a 4-1 loss that was down to the loss of Schmeichael and a make-shift defence.

Babel is far from rubbish. Given a decent run out, he'd flourish. I'd love to see him at Arsenal.

Comment

Just my opinion - but clubs like Sunderland WBA, wolves on way up Birminghams list goes on...will always now struggle in the premiership.None of these clubs are"glamour"clubs and therefore getting decent players to sign is always going to be a problem.Thats why clubs like Sunderland etc...despite having money, will have problems attracting big players.They have to sign not so big players and ludicously high prices/fees paying i suspect high wages.Thats why they sign"trouble" players.Man City seem to have problems attracting high quality players despite the zillions of pounds thety have.

On another point....old Premiership / first division clubs from QPR era...on way out of CCC....Charlton - Possibly Southampton and Norwich..In my day..these clubs were always in top flight with us.

maybe thats why we are struggling to attract decdent players -

Comment

Working...
                              X