In the words of Mr.Routledge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the words of Mr.Routledge

"I want to get back into the Premier League as soon as possible. I felt we could do that speaking to the manager we had at the time, Paulo.

"With his thoughts and how he wanted to the game to be played I thought QPR was the right place to be.

"He was amazing. Everybody will tell you he won back-to-back Champions Leagues but in terms of my time in football I don't think I've ever met anyone with his knowledge of football. It's just not possible to catch him out.

"I remember when I started there and I first talked to him; we must have been talking for two hours without even wondering about the time.

:confused:

Worrying.
    Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

talking the talk was Sousas greatest atterbute,but it is a results business and his results were poor.roiutledge is under contract so i would not worry and if we get either Di Canio or Warnock,he will be happy again.

Comment

Not worrying really.

it's obvious that our Sporting Director knows more about football than Paolo Sousa

Comment

Originally posted by rblockells View Post
          "I want to get back into the Premier League as soon as possible. I felt we could do that speaking to the manager we had at the time, Paulo.

"With his thoughts and how he wanted to the game to be played I thought QPR was the right place to be.

"He was amazing. Everybody will tell you he won back-to-back Champions Leagues but in terms of my time in football I don't think I've ever met anyone with his knowledge of football. It's just not possible to catch him out.

"I remember when I started there and I first talked to him; we must have been talking for two hours without even wondering about the time.

:confused:
          I cant help thinking it was a bad BAD mistake getting rid of Sousa & its a feeling that isnt showing any signs of going away any time soon.
          He had the defence locked down & didnt have our two best attacking players available to him, let alone influential players from last season like Agyemang & Rowlands, why on Earth was he sacked ??
          Terrible Terrible decision, as for the way he has been treated ?? Well there arent words to describe my contempt for that.

Comment

Originally posted by KLR View Post
            I cant help thinking it was a bad BAD mistake getting rid of Sousa & its a feeling that isnt showing any signs of going away any time soon.
            He had the defence locked down & didnt have our two best attacking players available to him, let alone influential players from last season like Agyemang & Rowlands, why on Earth was he sacked ??
            Terrible Terrible decision, as for the way he has been treated ?? Well there arent words to describe my contempt for that.
            Apart from locking the defence, what did he do right?
            Regardless of Rowlands, Buzz and Vine injured, he still chose not to play our top striker. He kept on playing wingers out of position. He couldn't get us scoring enough.

Again...I'm NOT saying he didn't deserve longer, but there is just as much to warrent his sacking as there was to keep him, and that's without telling fans we've got crocked players and other things.
            Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
              Apart from locking the defence, what did he do right?
              Regardless of Rowlands, Buzz and Vine injured, he still chose not to play our top striker. He kept on playing wingers out of position. He couldn't get us scoring enough.

Again...I'm NOT saying he didn't deserve longer, but there is just as much to warrent his sacking as there was to keep him, and that's without telling fans we've got crocked players and other things.
              In all honesty, if there was someone better out there to be QPR manager, then maybe I would have a more laissez faire attitude to the whole debacle, but being realistic I dont think there is a better manager out there for QPR.
              He had set the foundations for a strong team at this level & was obviously experimenting with the rag tag squad of odds & sods that he had bequeathed as a result of other peoples incompetence, he was doing what any professional would have done in the same circumstances, our squad was / is not a balanced squad, this is nothing to do with him, yet people criticise him for not knowing his best 11 ??!
              Unbelievable.
              I really believe he could have done something great with us / for us, now we will never know, massive missed oppourtunity for our football club & a very very sad affair.

Comment

Routledge = intelligent footballer that wanted to spend time talking to PS who was an intelligent footballer.

Most QPR players = typical dumbo footballers that didnt want to spend hours a day talking to an intelligent footballer/coach

Many players complained that they were bored senseless at training and the felt they were at school.

Rightly or wrongly - such is life, can you see Sir Alex spending hours a day sitting down with the likes of Rooney and Ronaldo? It would go in one ear and out the other.

Footballers aint very bright, Routledge probably is.
                Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
                  Routledge = intelligent footballer that wanted to spend time talking to PS who was an intelligent footballer.

Most QPR players = typical dumbo footballers that didnt want to spend hours a day talking to an intelligent footballer/coach

Many players complained that they were bored senseless at training and the felt they were at school.

Rightly or wrongly - such is life, can you see Sir Alex spending hours a day sitting down with the likes of Rooney and Ronaldo? It would go in one ear and out the other.

Footballers aint very bright, Routledge probably is.
                  Is that fact?
                  I really would love to know what the majority of the players thought of Sousa.
                  Cant see many of them talking to fans now! the Player of the Year should be a laugh:
                  "Hi Gaz how are you?" Gaz : "No Comment" ;D

Comment

nice to see some ambition

Comment

Working...
                    X