Today’s rating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today’s rating

Overall a draw was a fair result, as usual with Rangers some good, some bad. but overall slight improvement in defence.

Dieng 6. Not that busy, prefers to punch rather than catch, overall solid performance .
    Kakay 8. Love his enthusiasm and is improving all the time
    Wallace 6. Apart from losing his man for their goal was fairly solid.
    Barbet 5. Not that impressed at times looks decent, has a habit of skying the ball.
    Dickie 6 got better as game went on
    Cameroon 5 not worth a start
    Amos 6 a lot of good work, actually think he’s trying to hard.
    Chair 5 Not his day, heavy touch and weak shots.
    Thomas 6 Took a heavy blow early on,did ok
    Bos 8 again MOTM for us, was beating the defender with ease

Dykes 7 All round bustling strong play, just needs a partner.

Smyth 5 Didn’t see enough of the ball.

Carroll 6 Unlucky with a decent shoot, overall just ok

Another striker, ball winning midfielder and cover in defence and we should be ok, mid table beckons

ll

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
    Another striker, ball winning midfielder and cover in defence and we should be ok
    I can't see us getting another three players to be fair. But if there are some cheap loan offers around who knows???? For most companies it about survival and doing that as cheaply as possible.
    Last edited by SheepRanger; 26-09-2020, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Yes

Comment

kakay and dykes seem pretty consistent at the moment.....well impressed.

Comment

i'd have given LTC a 7 though. he had some good periods today, and some of his vision for passes would have been PL quality if only his aim was PL level. a few more games and ideally some starts and I reckon he could be a key man in this side.

BOS was really good today, in all the right spaces at the right times.

Chair was rather poor I thought. Needs to offer more.
          Rangers Til I Die
          follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurQPR_NYC View Post
            i'd have given LTC a 7 though. he had some good periods today, and some of his vision for passes would have been PL quality if only his aim was PL level. a few more games and ideally some starts and I reckon he could be a key man in this side.

BOS was really good today, in all the right spaces at the right times.

Chair was rather poor I thought. Needs to offer more.
            Agree Chair weren’t great today but he never hides and you always think he can make something happen . We went on the back foot when he got subbed and played on the break . He has the ability to keep the ball and get the team up the pitch .He got taken out early in the game and I think that effected him .

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

I can't see us getting another three players to be fair. But if there are some cheap loan offers around who knows???? For most companies it about survival and doing that as cheaply as possible.
              Think it will be loans, but not till after the window shuts.
              Surplus players from the prem

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Agree Chair weren’t great today but he never hides and you always think he can make something happen . We went on the back foot when he got subbed and played on the break . He has the ability to keep the ball and get the team up the pitch .He got taken out early in the game and I think that effected him .
                I didn’t watch the game, but I agree that Chair offers the team a bit of creativity and yes, he doesn’t hide during matches. Also, one of only two players in the side who run with the ball, the other is BOS.

The problem with the side are 2 defensive midfielders and no real support for Dykes.

Some of the best football the team played last season was with a 3-5-2 formation. We are not going to see similarly attractive games with a
                4-2-3-1 formation.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

I didn’t watch the game, but I agree that Chair offers the team a bit of creativity and yes, he doesn’t hide during matches. Also, one of only two players in the side who run with the ball, the other is BOS.

The problem with the side are 2 defensive midfielders and no real support for Dykes.

Some of the best football the team played last season was with a 3-5-2 formation. We are not going to see similarly attractive games with a
                  4-2-3-1 formation.
                  The 4-2-3-1 can work but one of 2 pairing need to commit forwards and the whole side press further up the pitch it would also help if we had a player that can play defence splitting passes. Warnock used this system but he had Derry and Faurlin !

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

The 4-2-3-1 can work but one of 2 pairing need to commit forwards and the whole side press further up the pitch it would also help if we had a player that can play defence splitting passes. Warnock used this system but he had Derry and Faurlin !
                    He also had Taarabt and he made a massive contribution to our attacking play. We just don’t have the attacking options in the current squad to play such attacking football. Even if we had that defence splitting passer he would still need the players to find upfront and we only really have Dykes and BOS (whilst he is still at the club).

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

He also had Taarabt and he made a massive contribution to our attacking play. We just don’t have the attacking options in the current squad to play such attacking football. Even if we had that defence splitting passer he would still need the players to find upfront and we only really have Dykes and BOS (whilst he is still at the club).
                      I think that’s this sides issue the midfield just does not look balanced, That’s not a dig at MW as he can only work with what we have in the squad I’ve not seen Thomas enough to judge comment as he got a knock Saturday. As much a like Bos personally I see him as a straight down the middle off Dykes as he’s not the best crosser imo. Bos better feeding off flick on and Chair the knock down and let kakay and Wallace offer width

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

I think that’s this sides issue the midfield just does not look balanced, That’s not a dig at MW as he can only work with what we have in the squad I’ve not seen Thomas enough to judge comment as he got a knock Saturday. As much a like Bos personally I see him as a straight down the middle off Dykes as he’s not the best crosser imo. Bos better feeding off flick on and Chair the knock down and let kakay and Wallace offer width
                        Wallace offers nothing from what I've seen. He needs to sort his defending out instead of even thinking about getting forward. Had high hopes when he signed but hes a liability. Looks overweight, no pace at all and doesn't recognize danger quick enough. Factor his poor decision making in and we are in serious trouble if we dont trust niko and stick with Wallace.

Comment

I didn't get to watch the game but really happy to see Kakay finding his feet.

Just a matter of time before he will be off.

Comment

Working...
                          X