Bidwell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bidwell

How come just about every Rs fan on these forums never had a good word to say about this fella, yet he Swans fans love him.
    He's scoring and assisting practically every week.
    Should I maybe take opinions of the supporters of this club as complete bol lix?

I didn't think he was a bad player at all but he wasn't great either. Nor was the rest of our squad really.

I suspect that he gets better support from the players around him at Swansea and it is suiting him better. Players just click at new clubs sometimes.
    "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Decent championship player but lacks pace to be a really good one. Clearly Swansea were able to pay him more than we could. Due to his lack of pace the premier league would be a step too far for him.

Comment

He's a small fish in a small pool there so he's bound to look reasonable.

Comment

One miserable looking fker

Comment

Worst bit about it all these people rate manning so highly

Comment

Originally posted by Impey0711 View Post
              Worst bit about it all these people rate manning so highly
              Square peg round hole.

Comment

I thought he was ok tbh. Good enough for the Championship and better than Wallace. However we couldn’t afford to keep him

Comment

I say this without being 'unfair'...

But it's ironic and it's the state of some of our fans right now, mostly across online channels like Twitter / Facebook.

In reality certain players were NOT terrible, but collectively we wasn't good enough perhaps.

A few examples of how we are:

- Manning; Deemed not good enough, but now not only our best LB but people crying out for him to be CM.
                  - Dieng; Not played for Rangers, played a handful of matches on loan which arguably not many even saw, but he is deemed THE SAVIOUR!
                  - Lumley; Had a superb first season, but after a few poor mistakes he is now unwanted.
                  - Luongo; Not good enough but many. END.
                  - Chair; Will be the next Eze, but pressure is on, and in all honesty he's not even close. That doesn't mean he isn't good, but the vultures will come get him soon.

Its a long story of the same things, we expect too much.

Long gone are the days, when you build a team of players who compliment each but expect one or two not to be amazing. Derry, Hill etc etc that season we had exactly that.

Dont forget, Zamora and Helguson were guff too at one point.

Comment

I thought he was a solid Championship player.

As Bobby Z has been mentioned for me I liked his attitude. I remember he had recurring injuries but he always tried, even when in a lot of pain and where clearly his mobility was an issue as a result. Not his fault we paid him a fortune. Had the rest of the big money players had his attitude we may well have fared better. Got a lot of stick though for his performances even when it was obvious he was being hampered by injury and playing through the pain barrier. Even with his limitations held the ball up well and tried to make a nuisance of himself.

Comment

Working...
                    X