EFL and covid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFL and covid

What is the point of the EFL? They have stuck their head in the sand with "taking a knee" and now this Orient v Sours fiasco. Os had several positive Covid tests after their game on Saturday and have been back and forth with Public Health England in the interim with EFL keeping it all at arm's length? Game finally gets called off 2hrs before 6pm KO.
    Now naive little me thought football was going on against a backdrop of rigorous testing and secure biobubble type isolation of players. Turns out there isn't even mandatory testing in EFL this season - clubs can please themselves with EFL not interested in setting any parameters and simply letting clubs use whatever safe systems of working they deem necessary. Any issues at clubs need sorting out with health authorities.
    EFL are a joke and I quite hope that this season literally unravels under their noses.

Are the Players that tested positive seriously in Hospital and about to Die, are people in and around the team dropping like flies.
    Wow this must be really serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
      What is the point of the EFL? They have stuck their head in the sand with "taking a knee" and now this Orient v Sours fiasco. Os had several positive Covid tests after their game on Saturday and have been back and forth with Public Health England in the interim with EFL keeping it all at arm's length? Game finally gets called off 2hrs before 6pm KO.
      Now naive little me thought football was going on against a backdrop of rigorous testing and secure biobubble type isolation of players. Turns out there isn't even mandatory testing in EFL this season - clubs can please themselves with EFL not interested in setting any parameters and simply letting clubs use whatever safe systems of working they deem necessary. Any issues at clubs need sorting out with health authorities.
      EFL are a joke and I quite hope that this season literally unravels under their noses.
      Are you for real? Naive yes

Comment

Spurs paid for the Orient players Covid tests. If they hadn't they would all be in a mess after tonight's game..

Comment

EFL in discussions with the Premier League who may offer financial support.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54315814

Comment

And what will they demand in return?
            Only clubs with 30k capacity allowed to go up?
            No relegation for 3 seasons? ..U21 only in the lge cup and then revert to the 1st 11 for the final stages.
            Prem always want something in return

Comment

Why would Prem give us, Birmingham or Brentford any dosh given us three have received £80million+ in transfer fees recently? Exeter City copped nigh on £5million as their cut of Watkins fee - do they get a PL handout too?
              The concept of giving clubs like Bolton, Charlton or Wigan a hand-out is ridiculous given their respective owners had already ran them into the ground. They're just basketcase clubs I'm aware of but I don't follow the lower leagues closely - I'm sure majority of League One and Two clubs were already in a financial mess prior to Covid due to their idiotic approach to business.
              Worst part of this debacle will be having to endure all the trite nonsense about how football is some sort of special/protected part of the social fabric of the nation and we really must save it. Codswallop!

Comment

Why dont these clubs refinance through respectable financial services organisations based in Panama like we did?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                  Why dont these clubs refinance through respectable financial services organisations based in Panama like we did?

Because they don’t want to receive offers they can’t refuse.

Comment

I see Premier League had a meeting today and agreed that final standings would be decided on a points-per-game basis if the season was curtailed by Covid. But, they did not specify any minimum number of games so it's like they've done half a job or deliberately left themselves some wriggle room in case PPG gives an outcome they dislike. I'm baffled why they haven't gone further and discussed what will happen if a club can't fulfill a few games due to Covid infected players or a strict regional lockdown prevents certain games being played but again, I suppose they prefer to have a flexible "make it up on the spot" approach depending on whether it's Burnley or Liverpool involved rather than having clearly stated policies prepared in advance.
                    As for EFL they seem to be too busy whining and passing the begging bowl around to do any form of planning for Covid disruption.

Comment

Working...
                    X