No announcement yet.

Recruitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the current regime are doing quite well. However, I'm uncertain if that's due to a conscious sea-change in their fundamental thinking/approach OR the simple fact that our coffers are empty?

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
      We are still paying the price for the boom and bust years when Fernandez first walked in the door . Hughes and Redknapp given free reign to spend as much as they like was criminal. We then had a transfer embargo and ffp fine . The last few years we have been run properly with youngsters breaking through and some shrewd signings . To throw a blanket over the last 10/15 years is unfair in my opinion but we are still hamstrung by it .
      I agree with much of what you say but the 1st 3 years after relegation the club seemed to in denial signing players for the sake of it going for quantity over quality , going from one plan to another , Redknapp went with the club saying times have to change but they didn't for a good 3 years managers coming and going , Holloway has to be given credit for improving the scouting and and trying to create some sort of organisation but the damage was done and he went , now it's Warburton must being given time or it could be back more managers and more plans

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

I agree with much of what you say but the 1st 3 years after relegation the club seemed to in denial signing players for the sake of it going for quantity over quality , going from one plan to another , Redknapp went with the club saying times have to change but they didn't for a good 3 years managers coming and going , Holloway has to be given credit for improving the scouting and and trying to create some sort of organisation but the damage was done and he went , now it's Warburton must being given time or it could be back more managers and more plans
        Well said dogs, we can't keep changing strategy because it doesn't meet with immediate success.

Comment

Working...
        X