Kudos to MW, Les, Lee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kudos to MW, Les, Lee

Like many I have been critical at times re Hoops management. Not now, given how MW just drew the line with Manning, and is clearly willing to do the same with any player looking to move out while still wearing QPR blue.

Whether Manning plays Friday or not, the fact they sat him down for the opener (and are likely willing to part with him) was a sign of how far we've come since the days of big salaries for big egos who could care less about QPR.

I am hoping, in fact, that Manning goes, BOS is convinced to stay (with a salary boost, two-year extension, and promise the team won't stand in his way for a better situation next season), and that we continue to give extensions to the likes of Dieng, Kakay, Battache, et alia.

We are finally building a team for the long run, the only rational way we can one day return to the Premiere League.

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
    Like many I have been critical at times re Hoops management. Not now, given how MW just drew the line with Manning, and is clearly willing to do the same with any player looking to move out while still wearing QPR blue.

Whether Manning plays Friday or not, the fact they sat him down for the opener (and are likely willing to part with him) was a sign of how far we've come since the days of big salaries for big egos who could care less about QPR.

I am hoping, in fact, that Manning goes, BOS is convinced to stay (with a salary boost, two-year extension, and promise the team won't stand in his way for a better situation next season), and that we continue to give extensions to the likes of Dieng, Kakay, Battache, et alia.

We are finally building a team for the long run, the only rational way we can one day return to the Premiere League.
    Couldn’t agree more but that won’t go down well with a few posters on here . The board are ruining the club apparently.

Comment

I’m meant to not react to this?

Im very busy today but no. Les and Lee are doing a terrible job. Trust me when you work at the top you can spot a rat a mile off

Warbs is doing very well

Les out
      Under Les Ferdinand:
      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Agree with the OP. If you don't wonna play for the badge then keep out of the dressing room.

Comment

I'm new here but have read the site on a daily basis for years. It's obvious that the club is making huge progress under the current leadership... blindingly obvious for some, it would seem. My other half supports Burnley and, every time she comes to a game, she cannot believe the amount of whining negativity that she hears. Judging from a recent interview, Warburton has been shocked by it and, frankly, I'm sick of reading and hearing it; it sucks the life out of everyone exposed to it.

Anyone who actually works at the top end of an organisation and knows anything about management also knows that perpetual whinging is corrosive and a sign that someone needs to be moved on to a 'better fit'. Of course, these insights are not required if your organisation is a chip van in a lay-by. In this instance, it's probably ok to grind an increasingly dull axe.

And, no, I don't work for the club.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
            I’m meant to not react to this?

Im very busy today but no. Les and Lee are doing a terrible job. Trust me when you work at the top you can spot a rat a mile off

Warbs is doing very well

Les out
            Are you a Crane Driver?

Comment

Agree with the OP and with timscott, its time that this board and others think to the future rather than continuing to harp on about the past. We could all go back to the Glory days when we had the likes of Les and Andy Sinton playing, we sold them, we moved on. There will be with this club Ups and Downs as it HAS Always been. Even when we actually got promoted back into the Prem and we started buying all these expensive players (before the flop) I remember saying its good but doesn't feel like my team. There are many Clubs as big or bigger than us that are now languishing in lower divisions and
              or facing extinction. We haven't had the bucket out for some time and that was pre Les. On-wards and upwards I say, but for too many that's not what they want to see or hear:-)

Comment

Originally posted by timscott View Post
                I'm new here but have read the site on a daily basis for years. It's obvious that the club is making huge progress under the current leadership... blindingly obvious for some, it would seem. My other half supports Burnley and, every time she comes to a game, she cannot believe the amount of whining negativity that she hears. Judging from a recent interview, Warburton has been shocked by it and, frankly, I'm sick of reading and hearing it; it sucks the life out of everyone exposed to it.

Anyone who actually works at the top end of an organisation and knows anything about management also knows that perpetual whinging is corrosive and a sign that someone needs to be moved on to a 'better fit'. Of course, these insights are not required if your organisation is a chip van in a lay-by. In this instance, it's probably ok to grind an increasingly dull axe.

And, no, I don't work for the club.
                I agree.

Nobody can defend past mistakes as they are obvious for all to see. But lessons have been learned and the Eze sale alone and the hard stand on BOS/Manning shows we're now going in a different direction. I wish people would 'move on' but everyone has the right to voice their views in a constructive manner. Some will never accept that Les is up to the job and that's their prerogative.

I don't work for the club either, even though I'm postive about our current strategy and was very critical of our past strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie Rangers View Post

Are you a Crane Driver?

Comment

The more I think about about the Eze deal the more I appreciate it. Not one of the big Premier teams came in for him, that will be next time, when he's an established Premier League player, and with a 40% sell on clause we could benefit from a similar amount of money in a couple of years (if not we'll just buy him back on the cheap).

Comment

Are you a Crane Driver?
                      Like it

Comment

Are you a Crane Driver?
                        Brilliant

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                          Brilliant
                          Clever enough to Know I'm stupid Stan.

Comment

Originally posted by Fghoop View Post
                            Agree with the OP and with timscott, its time that this board and others think to the future rather than continuing to harp on about the past. We could all go back to the Glory days when we had the likes of Les and Andy Sinton playing, we sold them, we moved on. There will be with this club Ups and Downs as it HAS Always been. Even when we actually got promoted back into the Prem and we started buying all these expensive players (before the flop) I remember saying its good but doesn't feel like my team. There are many Clubs as big or bigger than us that are now languishing in lower divisions and
                            or facing extinction. We haven't had the bucket out for some time and that was pre Les. On-wards and upwards I say, but for too many that's not what they want to see or hear:-)
                            Glory days when we sold Sinton and Les and moved on?????
                            yes, when we sold Sinton, but we went down after selling Les. Then went into admin and the third tier. That’s not what I call moving on.

however, time will tell how well the current board and Co. do. Good luck to them.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Glory days when we sold Sinton and Les and moved on?????
                              yes, when we sold Sinton, but we went down after selling Les. Then went into admin and the third tier. That’s not what I call moving on.

however, time will tell how well the current board and Co. do. Good luck to them.
                              Haven’t you noticed that they & we are doing very well at present, got your blinkers on again!

Comment

Working...
                              X