Half the problem is.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half the problem is.....

In my opinion, a little bit of jealousy maybe?

You look at our neighbours in London;

Chelsea - signed world class players. I was there when we beat them 6 nil. .....

Fulham - back in the premiership. Bought 2 decent players today. Plastic club with happy clappy fans .....

Brentford - great model. How they got £30 mil for Watkins is unbelievable. Their recruitment is unbelievable. Moved into a new ground. How the hell has this happened........

Palace - Got Eze off us. BOS begging to go there. It feels like yesterday when we nicked Venables, Flanagan, Allen and Wicks off them........

Maybe the good times will return. I think the model we have now will pay dividends eventually. We must stay up this season though and desperately need 2/3 players in to give the squad some depth

Keep smiling everyone

You’ve got to be joking, Jealous no way!!

Comment

Football is cyclical. We had a good run lording it over likes of Fulham, Brentford and Watford for the latter part of last century but this century we've fallen back and they have kicked on. Doesn't make me jealous at all - waste of time looking backwards to "the good old days".

Comment

never jealous , football will always have its ups and downs . Sitting pretty one season then it all falls in . fulham and bees both having a better few seasons than us but how long will it last .look at bournemouth parachute payments and money from callum wilson coming in , but the team will probably get broken up , they will find it hard to go back up . chelsea can spend as much as they like on foreign superstars for me they have lost their identity , all i see round my way is youngsters with cfc tops on that only get to see them on television ... id much rather have my little club that i can support and afford to go see ...

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
          never jealous , football will always have its ups and downs . Sitting pretty one season then it all falls in . fulham and bees both having a better few seasons than us but how long will it last .look at bournemouth parachute payments and money from callum wilson coming in , but the team will probably get broken up , they will find it hard to go back up . chelsea can spend as much as they like on foreign superstars for me they have lost their identity , all i see round my way is youngsters with cfc tops on that only get to see them on television ... id much rather have my little club that i can support and afford to go see ...
          Good post.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
            Good post. Football clubs tend to have good periods and bad ones although some tend to have mostly good or bad i.e. the big clubs in the Premiership who rarely finish in the bottom half let alone get relegated. Then the smaller League 1 & 2 clubs that have rarely tasted football in the top 2 tiers. A bit like QPR pre Jim Gregory, who transformed the club.

It will take time , but we will turn this around one day. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

I think the club need to get a new ground sorted before this will happen though. A bigger capacity stadium , with facilities that generate money (i.e. shops , conference facilities maybe even a small hotel if site big enough).

Comment

Ok, that's half the problem dealt with, what's the other half?

Comment

What problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                  What problem?
                  Indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
                    Ok, that's half the problem dealt with, what's the other half?

That we have a poor squad and are in danger of being relegated!!!!!

Comment

Football has always been ups and downs, who of thought that Liverpool of the 80's and Man U of the 90's struggling, look where Wolves have come from 1st division a few years ago. Not saying that we will be there in very soon, but we needed to sort the money out and get a manager that has a clue. Eze was a good bit of business.

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post

Chelsea - signed world class players. I was there when we beat them 6 nil. .....

Fulham - back in the premiership. Bought 2 decent players today. Plastic club with happy clappy fans .....

Brentford - great model. How they got £30 mil for Watkins is unbelievable. Their recruitment is unbelievable. Moved into a new ground. How the hell has this happened........

Palace - Got Eze off us. BOS begging to go there. It feels like yesterday when we nicked Venables, Flanagan, Allen and Wicks off them........

Maybe the good times will return. I think the model we have now will pay dividends eventually. We must stay up this season though and desperately need 2/3 players in to give the squad some depth

Keep smiling everyone
                        Found myself agreeing with all your posts n threads lately mem. This being another.
                        I remember when I was a young fella and qpr were top London club in prem. Chelsea we’re no better than us. Brentford n Fulham no hopers in division 3 Getting 1500 attendance , I used to get offered freebies to there games when qpr weren’t playing but still wouldn’t go. Although I liked bunking onto Fulham’s pitch to play football with my mates. the caretaker used to let his dog off the leash on us . Running down the river in my studs. , U look now how they’ve climbed. New grounds. New training grounds. Top academy’s. Good players , taking in big money , And then there’s us.... Gone backwards since then. Still with a ramshackle set up and done nothing for our future . Only natural to feel gutted how it’s all turned out . When I see Fulham and Brentford fans giving us stick on twitter now makes me realise Depths we’ve fallen. Never thought I’d see the day.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Rickson View Post

Found myself agreeing with all your posts n threads lately mem. This being another.
                          I remember when I was a young fella and qpr were top London club in prem. Chelsea we’re no better than us. Brentford n Fulham no hopers in division 3 Getting 1500 attendance , I used to get offered freebies to there games when qpr weren’t playing but still wouldn’t go. Although I liked bunking onto Fulham’s pitch to play football with my mates. the caretaker used to let his dog off the leash on us . Running down the river in my studs. , U look now how they’ve climbed. New grounds. New training grounds. Top academy’s. Good players , taking in big money , And then there’s us.... Gone backwards since then. Still with a ramshackle set up and done nothing for our future . Only natural to feel gutted how it’s all turned out . When I see Fulham and Brentford fans giving us stick on twitter now makes me realise Depths we’ve fallen. Never thought I’d see the day.
                          Can totally relate to all of this. We love our team but it could have been so different

We simply haven’t progressed

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post

Keep smiling everyone
                            Absolutely agree with you, everything we did before was a short term fix, it's not like that now.

Give it another season or two and we'll join them.

Comment

Having low points make the highs so much sweeter.

Comment

Working...
                              X