No announcement yet.

Forest Match Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pleasing first game in many ways. Clean sheet, some good debuts and three points against a good side.

On the defensive side do wonder if Wallace and Dickie made all the difference and provided some defensive balance. Dickie as a good foil for Barbet and Wallace an older and more defensively minded head than Manning.

TC one of those signings that could flop and disappear or prove inspired. Sounds like he played well.

Dykes exactly kind of bustling player you need if playing one up top.

I know MW says one or two more signings. I suspect more like a couple of loans and one or two permanents. Get those right and could be reasonable season, even allowing for our budget constraints.

Comment

• Very early to tell but Dykes hold up play and ability to bring others in to play was much better than Hugill .Thats vital when only playing One up top .Dickie looked assured and Wallace was solid unlike Manning at left back .Good signs and looking forward to a bit more quality to come in .

Comment

• I was impressed with new signings Dickie Dykes and Carroll and think they can make a big difference to the team. Kakay was also very impressive .
        Chair also looked good and can have a big impact this season.
        well done to Lumley even though he didn’t have a save to make.

New signings are needed because the squad lacks quality in depth. Another striker or two is paramount. Smyth maybe will be given more game time before the window closes if not another winger if BOS is sold.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
            Very early to tell but Dykes hold up play and ability to bring others in to play was much better than Hugill .Thats vital when only playing One up top .Dickie looked assured and Wallace was solid unlike Manning at left back .Good signs and looking forward to a bit more quality to come in .
            I know it’s early days but dykes really looks a good player. There judged on there goals but his alround play is a joy to watch. Really works hard. Quick. Can finish. Header. In the right positions. Credit where it’s due. I’ve been negative about many things regarding us. But it looks like a cracking signing for us by the club. Still young. Cheap fee. 4 year contract so teams can’t rob us in few seasons if he keeps banging them in.

Comment

• Dickie aswell looks good. Really pleased with them 2 signings. Hopefully they can keep doing this. Get younger players. Longer contracts to cover ourselves if they flourish. And command top dollar if they sell .

Comment

• I was expecting to concede 3 goals and never expected any points at all.

I was buzzing after that.

Next time I expect 3 points we'll come back with nothing.

Comment

Working...
                X