No announcement yet.

WARBS 2 - LFW Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not sp much much as wanting a new manager, but wanting him to sound a bit more upbeat about the club's chances and give us some positive news about the defence - he is afterall positive about Amos.

As for who I wanted as manager , Rowett has been my preference since 2017. Why? He turned Birmingham and now Millwall from relegation fodder into play off challengers without spending much at all. It went wrong for him at Stoke because there is something going wrong within the club and they gave him an almost open cheque book. He seems to work better on a shoestring budget as he did at Burton, Birmingham and now Millwall.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
      It's not sp much much as wanting a new manager, but wanting him to sound a bit more upbeat about the club's chances and give us some positive news about the defence - he is afterall positive about Amos.

As for who I wanted as manager , Rowett has been my preference since 2017. Why? He turned Birmingham and now Millwall from relegation fodder into play off challengers without spending much at all. It went wrong for him at Stoke because there is something going wrong within the club and they gave him an almost open cheque book. He seems to work better on a shoestring budget as he did at Burton, Birmingham and now Millwall.
      Rowett has turned us down twice in the past .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Rowett has turned us down twice in the past .
        True, but he wasnt out of work withowitoptions at the time.

Stoke sacked him in Jan 2019 and he was out of work for at least 3 months before we appointed Warburton. He took the job at Millwall in October last year and they don't patticularly have a bigger budget than QPR.

Comment

True, but he wasnt out of work withowitoptions at the time.

Stoke sacked him in Jan 2019 and he was out of work for at least 3 months before we appointed Warburton. He took the job at Millwall in October last year and they don't patticularly have a bigger budget than QPR.
          He wasn’t in a job when he was offered the QPR job , he saw the budget and said no thanks on 2 occasions . He pretty much took the Millwall job as he was in the last chance saloon due to his previous failures.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
            He wasn’t in a job when he was offered the QPR job , he saw the budget and said no thanks on 2 occasions . He pretty much took the Millwall job as he was in the last chance saloon due to his previous failures.
            My tablet has a mind of its own , i meant to type without options and he had clubs interested in speaking to him including Derby and Stoke when he turned us down - hardly surprising.
            as you say last chance saloon would have meant more chance of getting him at the 3rd attempt.

We have Warburton now and lets hope that he can sort out the mess of a defence the club has and gets his players to finish their chances better this season, even with what atm is a weaker and inexperienced squad.

Comment

Anyone who hasn't appreciated Warbs for what he has done since starting is out of order.

Comment

Don't think I personally need things sugar coated. We are where we are. The problem as I see it is one of expectations based on our past. Since the 70s we have been in and out of the top league and at times been competitive in that league. We, in my view, overachieved. Bottom half Championship is probably where size wise we belong.

I started supporting the club in the 80s and those were good days. However times were different then. Smaller clubs could more easily compete in the middle part of the top league. Now you need deep pockets to get anywhere near the Premiership, with the odd exception.

We can aspire to do better. Brentford an obvious example of a very well run club. It has taken them years to get to that stage. We are far earlier in our progression than them. We are though starting to see signs of the infrastructure of the club improving, younger players coming through, bringing talent on once they are in the first team. We are looking to a new stadium in the long term and, if that comes off, that could provide the springboard for us to move up the food chain.

I am the same as everyone else. I want us winning games and doing well now. Trouble is now isn't our time. We need our improvements to be gradual and sustainable. Based on his first season with us and his experiences with Brentford Warbs seems like the right guy.

Comment

Agree Fox.

People keep talking about Brentford and how well run they are but they haven't been in the top league since the 1940s and haven't won a major trophy so I don't envy them at all. As you say, we are probably a few years behind them in terms of a good, sustainable model, new ground etc., but I believe that we'll get there.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                    Anyone who hasn't appreciated Warbs for what he has done since starting is out of order.
                    I am not saying I don't appreciate what he has done, and some of the football played last season was a joy to watch. I just hope that he can sort out the defence and stop making the same after match comments of we need to be more clinical. He needs to sort out his defence so that we don't have to score 3 or 4 in order to get something out of matches. Also perhaps find better attackers than Oteh. Unless of course he thinks Oteh has talent and will improve. Who knows perhaps Thomas and Smyth will step up to the plate.

Some encouraging comments about the season ahead wouldn't go amiss either.

Comment

I am not saying I don't appreciate what he has done, and some of the football played last season was a joy to watch. I just hope that he can sort out the defence and stop making the same after match comments of we need to be more clinical. He needs to sort out his defence so that we don't have to score 3 or 4 in order to get something out of matches. Also perhaps find better attackers than Oteh. Unless of course he thinks Oteh has talent and will improve. Who knows perhaps Thomas and Smyth will step up to the plate.

Some encouraging comments about the season ahead wouldn't go amiss either.
                      I think we'll get at least another CB, LB and CF. Oteh will do out on loan with Gubbins.

We're going to win the league - we are premier league!!

Comment

Working...
                      X