WARBS 2 - LFW Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WARBS 2 - LFW Interview

I hope I am not being to controversial here and posting an article I have just read on another Forum. Its an interesting and honest read and i hope that posters on this board read and consider the content and future comments. I may get lambasted for this by hey, broad shoulders.
    LFW sat down with first team manager Mark Warburton on Tuesday to look ahead to the new season, with chat about new signings, out of contract players, our form so far in lockdown, and the ongoing issues with the defence.

Really good interview. Warbs, whilst a little prickly at times, articulates himself really well. Great that Lyndon is fit, we are still keen to get 2/3 more in and the spirt within the players is excellent. A great read

Comment

What an intelligent guy doing the interview, he asked all the right questions, great interview

Comment

Nothing surprising in there but always comes across well.

Basically we are small fishes in this league and need to stay within our means. That said it is a tight division and nothing to say we can't aim to continually improve. We do have youngsters coming through, add in a few clever signings and a couple of half decent loans each year and that is likely the medium term future of the club. If we wanted to be challenging for trophies then supporting QPR is a spectacular error of judgement!

Comment

Good interview.

Comment

Sounds like he's got a bunker mentality before season's even started..... doesn't fill me with any hope, excitement or expectation whatsoever - another meh season like the last one, and the one before that and the one before that. In fact, anyone who wants "a bit more" is being disloyal and unrealistic according to Warburton.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
              Sounds like he's got a bunker mentality before season's even started..... doesn't fill me with any hope, excitement or expectation whatsoever - another meh season like the last one, and the one before that and the one before that. In fact, anyone who wants "a bit more" is being disloyal and unrealistic according to Warburton.
              Agree with you. Whist a lot of what he said made sense it didnt inspire me with hope for the future. Some of it was very disappointing too.

Comment

The defence still needs working on. We need a coach with that part of the play as his speciality. Still some very valid points from our boss.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Agree with you. Whist a lot of what he said made sense it didnt inspire me with hope for the future. Some of it was very disappointing too.
                  It was an honest appraisal of where we are as a club . You can find doom and gloom in every situation if you look hard enough .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

It was an honest appraisal of where we are as a club . You can find doom and gloom in every situation if you look hard enough .
                    Yeah but there's a time and a place. He's our manager 72hrs before a new season starts and he's miserable as sin and painting a dour uninspiring picture.... feels like he's getting his excuses in in advance to me.
                    He needed to convey far more excitement and belief, even if it were a tad phoney. He can wheel out all the realism next month when we've lost 5 on the spin, today he should be spewing all manner of hyperbolic tub-thumping proclamations out.
                    ​​​​​​I'm surprised to be honest. I don't rate him as a coach/manager at all but I thought he had the intelligence to at least present a "glass half full' persona on the eve of a new season. Fact he's gone "half empty" instead makes me wonder if he's actually as canny and clever as I thought.

Comment

Zzzzzzzzzzzz & to Stan

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

Yeah but there's a time and a place. He's our manager 72hrs before a new season starts and he's miserable as sin and painting a dour uninspiring picture.... feels like he's getting his excuses in in advance to me.
                        He needed to convey far more excitement and belief, even if it were a tad phoney. He can wheel out all the realism next month when we've lost 5 on the spin, today he should be spewing all manner of hyperbolic tub-thumping proclamations out.
                        ​​​​​​I'm surprised to be honest. I don't rate him as a coach/manager at all but I thought he had the intelligence to at least present a "glass half full' persona on the eve of a new season. Fact he's gone "half empty" instead makes me wonder if he's actually as canny and clever as I thought.
                        No offence Abs but you’ve made your feelings clear about Warbs long before now . He could say we are aiming for the title and you’d find fault in it mate .

Comment

Managing expectations and letting us know where the players are at. I'd prefer this than a load of bs.

Comment

Come on guys, what was encouraging about that interview?

Maybe he spoke the truth, but lets face it that is not want we want to hear just before the season kick off. A few years ago Les did the same kind of interview and rightly got slated by many fans.

As for the defensive work they do. We conceded over 70 goals last season and they weren't all down to individual errors, poor marking or excellent goals. Many of them were down to his tactics and poor organisation because let's be honest here he doesn't do good defending with his teams.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                              Come on guys, what was encouraging about that interview?

Maybe he spoke the truth, but lets face it that is not want we want to hear just before the season kick off. A few years ago Les did the same kind of interview and rightly got slated by many fans.

As for the defensive work they do. We conceded over 70 goals last season and they weren't all down to individual errors, poor marking or excellent goals. Many of them were down to his tactics and poor organisation because let's be honest here he doesn't do good defending with his teams.
                              Who would you want as our manager and why would you want that person?

Comment

Working...
                              X