Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me to understand.....

Maybe I am missing something;

Nico H - fantastic on loan last session. Looked brilliant yesterday for Finland. I get the impression he won’t feature this season. He is a natural left back, whilst Manning is a left sided midfielder. We should start with both of them. Wallace should be a back up

Dieng - again, I get the impression he’ll be shipped out on loan. Outstanding reviews wherever he has been on loan, even managed to keep our only preseason clean sheet. What am I missing given the performances of Lumley and Kelly? Is it his distribution or his attitude but in my view he has to start against Forest.

My team for Saturday without the expected 1 or 2 additions;

Dieng

Kakay, Dickie, Barbet, Niko

Cameron, Carol

BOS, Chair, Manning

Lyndon

subs

Kelly
    Amos
    Smyth
    Ball
    Bettache
    Masterson
    Wallace

No room for Lumley, Kane, Shodipo or Oteh who have all been poor in preseason

Thoughts?

Doesn't look too bad to me.

(Until we get more in)

Comment

Missing out Thomas

Comment

Looks great but cant see Nico or Dieng starting yet. More than happy putting Manning further up the park but it will be Lumley and Wallace as things stand.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
          Missing out Thomas
          Yes, Cameron on the bench or out to stud.

Comment

Until new players come in that might be the best we get.

As you say, I don't understand either why Dieng is not being selected ahead of Lumley.
            We have played 3 games and had he chosen Kelly for one of them I would have said MW is giving them all equal time to impress, but he has chosen Lumley twice now.

Hamalainen should also be given a chance as he is a left back.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
              Missing out Thomas
              Fair point Jeff. I’d forgotten about him. Definitely a place on the bench at least

Comment

I like to keep tabs on our loan players by looking on the club forums and twitter comments. I think the general consensus on Niko was that he started strongly but by the end of his loan was being found out and wasn't really up to a high enough standard.

Dieng on the other hand was always receiving rave reviews including high praise from Darren Moore at Doncaster, so would 100% like to see him given a chance as our no.1

Comment

Originally posted by QPR@5 View Post
                  I like to keep tabs on our loan players by looking on the club forums and twitter comments. I think the general consensus on Niko was that he started strongly but by the end of his loan was being found out and wasn't really up to a high enough standard.

Dieng on the other hand was always receiving rave reviews including high praise from Darren Moore at Doncaster, so would 100% like to see him given a chance as our no.1
                  Understand about Niko fading away but I think I would too if I was farmed off to Kilmarnock. It's a lot different to playing for your clubs' first team, or playing internationals for your country. He's clearly not a bad player and may benefit from a run in the 1st team. Couldn't do much worse than our other options frankly. IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                    Until new players come in that might be the best we get.

As you say, I don't understand either why Dieng is not being selected ahead of Lumley.
                    We have played 3 games and had he chosen Kelly for one of them I would have said MW is giving them all equal time to impress, but he has chosen Lumley twice now.

Hamalainen should also be given a chance as he is a left back.
                    I thought Kelly played at Oxford ? Agree though with regards Dieng, got to be worth a go based on Lumleys performance on Saturday.

Comment

We not got many internationals so mite as well play them

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post

I thought Kelly played at Oxford ? Agree though with regards Dieng, got to be worth a go based on Lumleys performance on Saturday.
                        Far point if Kelly did at at Oxford. If that is the case then hopefully MW will reward Dieng for keeping a clean sheet by starting him against Forest.

Comment

The goals conceded were not Lumley's fault but those who played in front of him, or didn't play as the case may be. To pick out Lumley as most did, before game highlights were even released is very unfair on him. Talk about an easy fall guy.....

Comment

Our best team atm, Imo. Oh, and Nico Hemalainen impressed me aswell against Ireland. Good positional sense.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                              The goals conceded were not Lumley's fault but those who played in front of him, or didn't play as the case may be. To pick out Lumley as most did, before game highlights were even released is very unfair on him. Talk about an easy fall guy.....
                              IMO, he didn`t even try to raise his hands.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X