Just survive this season or more ambitious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just survive this season or more ambitious

Do you think we are just looking to survive this season or would a couple more incoming players make our plans much more ambitious

I think it's not just this season but next season and the one after that,staying up and selling on players for profit to lower debt,that is our aim and objective

Comment

Priority for me is to try and match last seasons finish of 13th, if we can do that that would be a decent season.

Comment

We will do extremely well to match or better last season’s performance.

I expect a bottom half season ahead where we will be in and out of the bottom 6 for much of it.

The plan seems to be to develop young players to sell - which is very similar to that of Crewe, but only at a higher level.

Comment

Eventually our luck will run out.
          You can't keep living on a wing and a prayer.
          Sooner or later it catches up with you.

The powers that be are just interested in treading water with very little ambition.

How long fans supporters will be ok with this is not known but with added pandemic I can well see a fair few walking away if they the owners continue to settle for mediocrity and a lack of hope.

Comment

By the end of the transfer window I think we'll end up with less loan players in the squad as we did last season. That in itself is progress because we know season long loans count for nothing if the players get sold on as with Well. I'm still confident we'll finish mid table with occasional frenzy if we get close to 6th and the usual doom and gloom if we go on a run of defeats.

The transfer market will be awash with players that clubs will want off their books to reduce costs and very late into the window we'll bring in some decent players. Hopefully we wont have more than two loan signings in the squad.

Comment

Can't see how anything much will change. Our league record in 2020 over final 21 games was: W7 D5 L9. Carrying on that form over next 46 games would pan out like this:

W15 D11 L20 = 56pts

That'd be enough to survive but would be another dreary campaign with us watching the top 6 progressively getting further away month-by-month.

Obviously that's an arbitrary method of looking at things but I can't see how anyone can make a serious case for us suddenly transforming into something appreciably more effective and consistent than we were just several weeks ago?

Comment

With the squad we have now we will be lucky to survive - defence is worst than last year and we don’t have the firepower to our score teams currently.

Our season largely depends on who and how many players we can recruit on the next 3/4 weeks.

The club might surprise us and if they do bring in5 shrewd signings then maybe we can enjoy another fairly comfortable season.

Right now we will be scrapping with the likes of Rotherham, Barnsley, Reading, Coventry, Sheffield Wed and Luton to stay up!

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                  By the end of the transfer window I think we'll end up with less loan players in the squad as we did last season. That in itself is progress because we know season long loans count for nothing if the players get sold on as with Well. I'm still confident we'll finish mid table with occasional frenzy if we get close to 6th and the usual doom and gloom if we go on a run of defeats.

The transfer market will be awash with players that clubs will want off their books to reduce costs and very late into the window we'll bring in some decent players. Hopefully we wont have more than two loan signings in the squad.
                  This.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                    With the squad we have now we will be lucky to survive - defence is worst than last year and we don’t have the firepower to our score teams currently.

Our season largely depends on who and how many players we can recruit on the next 3/4 weeks.

The club might surprise us and if they do bring in5 shrewd signings then maybe we can enjoy another fairly comfortable season.

Right now we will be scrapping with the likes of Rotherham, Barnsley, Reading, Coventry, Sheffield Wed and Luton to stay up!
                    I agree with your last paragraph. I am not expecting a number of new players that will significantly improve our squad. Maybe one or two incoming as MW says and that will imo be woefully short.

Yes, no.5 shirt is free so maybe a CB coming in , but we have effectively been given a heads up by the club not to expect much money to be invested in the squad.

Of course things might change if BOS and Manning get sold for reasonable money sooner rather than later.

Comment

What concerns me is the squad is looking thin. A couple of injuries and a suspension we're in trouble.

That said, once the season gets going I have faith this team will get together and start playing. Behind the scenes the club is much better shape than it has been for years and I think that will come through. There are plenty of other clubs in the Championship that are on the verge of collapse.

I'm not expecting anything from Saturday's game, I'll give it a few games to see what this team can do before passing judgement.

Comment

Have you heard of the transfer window? we will increase the squad

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
                          Have you heard of the transfer window? we will increase the squad
                          We had the same lack of patience last season. There must be a lot of moving parts to get the players you want. Clubs wont let them go out their replacements are in place. Like s chain buying a house.

I still reckon we'll even get a players on the last day of the w8ndow

Comment

I have heard about the transfer window, it's that time of the season when the man from sky has the dildo poked in his face.

To clarify, the squad is looking thin in terms of quality not numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
                              I have heard about the transfer window, it's that time of the season when the man from sky has the dildo poked in his face.

To clarify, the squad is looking thin in terms of quality not numbers.
                              And some of that quantity will be loaned out to L1/2 when we bring in more quality. MW mentioned that we'll loan some players out a few weeks back. We have to assess out final squad first before we know who can go out.

Comment

Working...
                              X