Bang in trouble....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
    FFS we were missing 2 internationals ! Squad recruitment isn't finished ! We know we've got dodgie keepers and hit and miss fullbacks , playing to empty lifeless stadiums judge their game in the middle of October
    No we all need to start panicking right now . We only have a month left to bring anyone in , that’s nowhere near enough time .All the other clubs in the championship have done all their business already surely .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

No we all need to start panicking right now . We only have a month left to bring anyone in , that’s nowhere near enough time .All the other clubs in the championship have done all their business already surely .
      Cmon Stains hopefully the days of buying for the sake of it are over

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
        Warbs isn't stupid ( apart from "our goalie hadn't a save to make" remarks),he knows where we need strengthening ,and I'm confident we will get more players in and will be ok this season
        i tend to agree but the worrying thing is from the warburton point of view is we score 2 away from home and still lose and he is focussing up front and not taking our chances and seems to have a big blindspot about our defence - 2 goals away from home should be enough to not lose any game. But if we continue our last season average of conceding 2 a game we will be as the OP says "bang in trouble" ..he needs to make a decision about our keeper and hand the role to one of them rather than playing 3 keepers off against each other. my personal opinion is give the no1 spot to Deing - the other 2 have had more than enough chances to claim the spot as their own.

Comment

I was joking dogs , you are right in what you say .

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post

i tend to agree but the worrying thing is from the warburton point of view is we score 2 away from home and still lose and he is focussing up front and not taking our chances and seems to have a big blindspot about our defence - 2 goals away from home should be enough to not lose any game. But if we continue our last season average of conceding 2 a game we will be as the OP says "bang in trouble" ..he needs to make a decision about our keeper and hand the role to one of them rather than playing 3 keepers off against each other. my personal opinion is give the no1 spot to Deing - the other 2 have had more than enough chances to claim the spot as their own.
            Spot on mate! Totally agree, give Dieng a go in net and get bloody shot of Lumley! Absolute sh!te keeper, had more than enough chances now

Comment

Ab-sol-ute-ly

Comment

We have one of the smallest budgets in the league and by rights should be battling away at the wrong end of the table. I also agree with the initial post as to where we stand now. But I also think we will do some business at the back end of the transfer window as we have done in recent seasons. As I have said before I suspect we have offers on the table for various permanents and loans but those players/clubs are waiting to see if a better option comes along. Sadly that is where we are in the food chain.

I am though reasonably confident we will see some half decent incoming. Last two seasons we have signed decent loan strikers late on. I suspect we will sign at least one (ideally 2) before the window closes. The fact the number 5 shirt has been left vacant suggests we want another central defender. If that happens we will have four first team central defenders which should be enough.

In my view we need some more spark on the wings so I'm hoping 1 (2 if BOS goes). Goalkeeper I agree with original post but problem is we have 3 potential first team keepers in the squad. Unless at least 1 is moved on we cannot justify signing another 1.

My own concern is over full backs. Manning has a sweet left foot but I'm not in any way convinced defensively and Kakay needs developing. Manning can continue to improve, especially bearing in mind he has only had one full season in that position. However weak at FB and uninspiring GP options will result in us shipping goals.

If our last few signing are the right ones in the right positions we might do ok again. Anyone who is expecting a promotion charge may need psychiatric assistance. We are a long term project. Warbs has been there with Brentford, had a good first season with us and seems well respected. Great strides made in recent years over developing players. We have been an almighty car crash but a patient recovery is probably in our long term best interests.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                  We have one of the smallest budgets in the league and by rights should be battling away at the wrong end of the table. I also agree with the initial post as to where we stand now. But I also think we will do some business at the back end of the transfer window as we have done in recent seasons. As I have said before I suspect we have offers on the table for various permanents and loans but those players/clubs are waiting to see if a better option comes along. Sadly that is where we are in the food chain.

I am though reasonably confident we will see some half decent incoming. Last two seasons we have signed decent loan strikers late on. I suspect we will sign at least one (ideally 2) before the window closes. The fact the number 5 shirt has been left vacant suggests we want another central defender. If that happens we will have four first team central defenders which should be enough.

In my view we need some more spark on the wings so I'm hoping 1 (2 if BOS goes). Goalkeeper I agree with original post but problem is we have 3 potential first team keepers in the squad. Unless at least 1 is moved on we cannot justify signing another 1.

My own concern is over full backs. Manning has a sweet left foot but I'm not in any way convinced defensively and Kakay needs developing. Manning can continue to improve, especially bearing in mind he has only had one full season in that position. However week at FB and uninspiring GP options will result in us shipping goals.

If our last few signing are the right ones in the right positions we might do ok again. Anyone who is expecting a promotion charge may need psychiatric assistance. We are a long term project. Warbs has been there with Brentford, had a good first season with us and seems well respected. Great strides made in recent years over developing players. We have been an almighty car crash but a patient recovery is probably in our long term best interests.
                  A sensible post that a few could do with reading rather than slaughtering the club at every opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post

That’s right. MW thinks scoring more goals is the answer and does little about defending properly. The defensive frailties were obvious last season and he never addressed them so I doubt he will do any better this season.

Yes, Dieng should be given a go as No.1 for the first 3 games or so, but I would be looking to sign a more capable keeper right now. We can then sell or loan out Lumley or Kelly.

We also desperately need more striking options.

I am perfectly aware that the club have debts to pay , but they need to prioritise the squad otherwise there will be less income with dwindling attendances (when fans are allowed back).

I know the window closes in October, but if we wait until the last week we could be 8 or 9 points adrift (apart from Sheff W who begin on -12)

Oh and some clubs like Forest Norwich Bristol City and even Wycombe have been bringing in new players at a faster rate than QPR.

Also, plenty of other clubs had better squads than QPR last season and therefore don’t need to do a lot of business. Our squad has been weakened considerably.

This is seeing things as they are now and stating it so that is not commenting later and being told it’s easy with hindsight as I have often been accused of.

Comment

I am concerned at the start of most seasons and this one is no different, as many have pointed out there are lots of holes to be filled yet, I have faith in MW putting a good squad together with the resources he has available, if the plan was to go with what we have now I don't think we would be good enough to stay in the Championship! There are probably other clubs in much worse shape than us though due to all of the restructuring because of no fans in the foreseeable future, we just have to hope there are 3 weaker than us and that MW does in fact strengthen and balance the squad!
                      @gatorTFC

Comment

Again, my original post says I am basing the assessment I wrote on the las two games we have played against league 1 sides, the depth of squad, the BOS and Manning situation and also the fact we had one of the worst defences last year and have only got weaker in that position and we don’t have the fire power we had last year currently,

All the above is not a good mix as things stand to stay up Imo.

I am not skating the club for the sake of it or at panic stations right now. I am purely expressing my concerns that if we don’t recruit 5 or 6 players and sort out Manning and BOS we will be bang in trouble.

MW’s comments of a couple more players coming in does scare me and as expressed in previous posts the assumption of many that Chair is our new number 10 also frightens the life out of me as I think he’s far from the finished article and very incosnsitent.

For the record I can also see 5/6 shrewd signings taking us from a team that right now looks like relegation candidates to a team who comfortably compete at mid table and maybe challenge for the play offs.

Its a very fine balance but if we don’t at least sort our defence and goalkeeper out we will be in trouble as we heamoraged goals.

I think Dickie and Dykes are great signings we just need 4/5/6 more of these and ideally 2 or 3 more proven players at this level!

Comment

I think we’ll finish lower than last season but we won’t go down. As you say our squad is worse than last year we’ve just got to hope we bring in some quality before the window finishes. For me we need 6 signings. RB and CB, a proper midfield general (I don’t think Dom Ball is good enough) a winger and 2 strikers.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                            I think we’ll finish lower than last season but we won’t go down. As you say our squad is worse than last year we’ve just got to hope we bring in some quality before the window finishes. For me we need 6 signings. RB and CB, a proper midfield general (I don’t think Dom Ball is good enough) a winger and 2 strikers.
                            Also I think Mastersons need a good league 1 loan.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                              Again, my original post says I am basing the assessment I wrote on the las two games we have played against league 1 sides, the depth of squad, the BOS and Manning situation and also the fact we had one of the worst defences last year and have only got weaker in that position and we don’t have the fire power we had last year currently,

All the above is not a good mix as things stand to stay up Imo.

I am not skating the club for the sake of it or at panic stations right now. I am purely expressing my concerns that if we don’t recruit 5 or 6 players and sort out Manning and BOS we will be bang in trouble.

MW’s comments of a couple more players coming in does scare me and as expressed in previous posts the assumption of many that Chair is our new number 10 also frightens the life out of me as I think he’s far from the finished article and very incosnsitent.

For the record I can also see 5/6 shrewd signings taking us from a team that right now looks like relegation candidates to a team who comfortably compete at mid table and maybe challenge for the play offs.

Its a very fine balance but if we don’t at least sort our defence and goalkeeper out we will be in trouble as we heamoraged goals.

I think Dickie and Dykes are great signings we just need 4/5/6 more of these and ideally 2 or 3 more proven players at this level!
                              Whilst I agree the loss of Eze, Hugill & Wells from much/most of last season is a Big concern, hopefully another useful striker or talented loan will help.

Warbs stated he hopes for 3 or 4 more before Dickie was confirmed, so that suggests 2/3 more.....? Certainly 5/6 is Very unlikely unless BOS leaves.

Chair may be overawed by the 10 shirt, but by that logic, everyone in our squad could be overawed. We’re not going to leave it unassigned, we are QPR, we always have a 10. Plenty have worn it but not been ‘The Playmaker’. Why not try to encourage him to aspire to it’s history....?

And Yes our defence concedes too many. Most teams will say the same. Conservatively, I might suggest Lumley, Kelly & Manning were to blame for 50/60% of them. So we should address that. You can’t lament the loss of Leistner when he hardly played the first half of the season and was in Germany for the second half......!?

Chins up, Onwards & Upwards, Trust in Warbs. Lets at least try to be positive. At least until the Window closes.....?

Comment

Working...
                              X