Robin hack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
    Didn't Les join the club and then refused to back Harry in the January window, which led to him having a bad knee?
    But yes the money guys made mistakes, not that many of us complained when we signed em.

Only player i remember being dead against was that awful goalkeeper, who I thought should never have been signed
    Les joined in Oct 2014 as an advisor to Fernandes.
    yes he advised (wrongly imo) not to buy Defoe or anyone else, but what was his advice about Redknapp's position during that terrible losing away run before he quit in February. He should have been sacked in Nov or Dec.
    then there was his advice to appoint Ramsey as caretaker manager until the end of the season. Then there were other disappointing managerial appointments. We cant just ignore those poor decisions and say what a good job he has done.

So I am not having people tell me that he and the Board have saved us.

Of course I am glad that they are standing by the club and working hard to rectify the damage they have done.

Comment

Easy with hindsight isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
        Put it this way we have just brought in our record transfer fee on a player clubs didn’t want for nothing a few years ago , how terrible the club is being run .
        I am not saying the club is not being run properly now.
        Yes , there are some good things happening at the club now and credit to the DoF for his work and for the role he gave to Ramsey with the young players. It was run terribly in the past and like it or not the DoF was involved with that too.

Comment

So because Brentford are rumoured to be looking at a German player, and we signed two, our scouting is shite and Les out. If it makes people happy we are looking at a Serbian winger and I know as much as any clickbait site.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

yes he advised (wrongly imo) not to buy Defoe or anyone else, but what was his advice about Redknapp's position during that terrible losing away run before he quit in February. He should have been sacked in Nov or Dec.
            then there was his advice to appoint Ramsey as caretaker manager until the end of the season. Then there were other disappointing managerial appointments. We cant just ignore those poor decisions and say what a good job he has done.

Of course I am glad that they are standing by the club and working hard to rectify the damage they have done.
            Going over old ground again but my take on it is this , Les coming in meant the end of crazy spending. Not buying Defoe was a case in point we had been there and done it Samba , Sandro Remy the list is endless. Redknapp can’t work on a small budget so he walked or limped as it turned out . Ramsey was the wrong appointment, I have always said that . JFH was seen as the right way to go , young manager, done well at previous club , he fitted the mould , it didn’t work out but I don’t think it was a mistake as it was a route we were looking to go down .Then came Ollie who I think did ok , blooded Eze and Manning , bought Freeman and could find himself unlucky to lose his job . The McLaren appointment is well documented as a Fernandez vanity choice . Happy now to have Warbs and club still producing young players .

Comment

I was against the board not signing Defoe, I thought we should have been given a fighting chance to stay up.
              I also am very against this rooney ruling being brought in, in any proffesion.
              So I don't agree with everything he says or does.

But there have been plenty of bad appts before Les came along.
              As for Ramsey that fella could well be the bloke that actually physically saved us with his academy work.
              Have you heard managers say "you're only as good as your last game?"
              Well maybe you need to go back to the last season and no further.
              This appointment of Warbs is the best so far

Comment

I am not saying the club is not being run properly now.
                Yes , there are some good things happening at the club now and credit to the DoF for his work and for the role he gave to Ramsey with the young players. It was run terribly in the past and like it or not the DoF was involved with that too.
                Yep agree Stan, and I only saw this after I had answered your other post.
                That's how I see it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                  Put it this way we have just brought in our record transfer fee on a player clubs didn’t want for nothing a few years ago , how terrible the club is being run .
                  Well exactly Stainrod.
                  It's always been our most successful way of doing things.
                  Bren####s didn't invent this buy small,sell big we were doing it when they were playing Workington Town, in Div 4

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

I was against the board not signing Defoe, I thought we should have been given a fighting chance to stay up.
                    I also am very against this rooney ruling being brought in, in any proffesion.
                    So I don't agree with everything he says or does.

But there have been plenty of bad appts before Les came along.
                    As for Ramsey that fella could well be the bloke that actually physically saved us with his academy work.
                    Have you heard managers say "you're only as good as your last game?"
                    Well maybe you need to go back to the last season and no further.
                    This appointment of Warbs is the best so far
                    Amen to that. For the first time since Warnock we have a manager I trust. A lot in between looked great appointments but didn't work out. Such is life. Yes we are skint but things looking good in terms of establishing a solid base going forwards.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

Amen to that. For the first time since Warnock we have a manager I trust. A lot in between looked great appointments but didn't work out. Such is life. Yes we are skint but things looking good in terms of establishing a solid base going forwards.
                      That's how I feel too Fox.

Comment

Working...
                      X