Striker to play in the Carabao Cup....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

That’s what concerns me. It is being treated like a friendly warm up game and I expect to lose.
    I know we won’t win the trophy but a decent run could help with prize and tv money .

Oteh has not shown that he is good enough for the EFL let alone the Championship.

QPR must sign at least 2 more strikers (preferable that 1 of them is permanent) before next week as we surely need two strikers in the squad for the match against Forest.
    Agree Stan.
    I think we will get a striker before next Saturday personally, and I agree a cup run helps us, and am a bit annoyed that it's just not important.
    But again, the manager knows our squad, he knows how many more will come in, and he has also said that he fears for us this season because of the intensity of the games coming thick and fast.
    So maybe to survive in the championship, we need to write this one off again this season

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
      Can always put BOS or Chair there and play it on the floor as we did at the end of last season.
      What was the slogan a few years back?
      Find a way to win

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Agree Stan.
        I think we will get a striker before next Saturday personally, and I agree a cup run helps us, and am a bit annoyed that it's just not important.
        But again, the manager knows our squad, he knows how many more will come in, and he has also said that he fears for us this season because of the intensity of the games coming thick and fast.
        So maybe to survive in the championship, we need to write this one off again this season
        I think that's the point.

There hasn't been time since the end of the disrupted season to relax, then get fit and prepare for the new season with a programme of friendly warm ups. Cup games put pressure on an already tight schedule, so we can put the two together, get another warm up,, trying other players in formations and possibly relieve the pressure on the season.

But who knows, we never fare well in cup games, but we might just win!

Comment

Love the optimism that Chair or Smith can play as a no.9.

The end of last season we at least had Eze who can create chances a d score goals.

I can accept the reasoning for not playing cup games, but we need real goal scoring options in the squad.

Other clubs have at least 2 or 3 proven scorers. Bristol City just added Chris Martin to their 3 other strikers, Forest also added another striker to go with Grabban and Taylor.
          I know , they have more funds than we do, but surely there are affordable strikers out there.

Perhaps we are pinning our hopes on Villa signing Watkins or Wilson and then loaning Hogan to us. I guess we just have to wait until the last moments again as usual. I really feel for us this season because we are probably going to have to put a lot of faith in untried young players like Ramkilde (I've never seen him play) and Smith who has hardly featured at this level and didn't play much on loan at Wycombe either.

There are other areas in the squad that need filling and again we will sign players late and then hear excuses that they didn't have a real pre season training with the squad to bed in.

Rant over.

Comment

Show us what you can do Oteh.

You'll be given an opportunity now stick the ball in the net.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
              Show us what you can do Oteh.

You'll be given an opportunity now stick the ball in the net.

Probably his last chance to impress today

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post

Probably his last chance to impress today
                Oteh needs to have a good game otherwise he could be shown the door (or at least he would if the club was able to get other strikers in).

Comment

The team includes Manning and BOS so should we read anything into that?

perhaps they are both staying or just don’t care about being cup tied.

Comment

We'll have to field our false number 9. Could be a long afternoon if we have our pretend defence out too.

Comment

Comon Oteh show us all what you can do ...comon

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Oteh needs to have a good game otherwise he could be shown the door (or at least he would if the club was able to get other strikers in).
                        I suspect Warbs will get in 2 loan strikers at the last minute like last season,Oteh isn't championship standard,probably not even league 1 standard so a loan to a league 2 team might be on the cards .
                        We need 3 strikers ( of championship standard) in our squad for the season

Comment

Supporting Oteh 100% today. Would love to see the lad do well, and I'm sure he wants to do well too.

We've put out a strong team (for us) let's hope they're up for it.

Comment

Didn't take long.

Comment

Working...
                            X