Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
    Trialist was Tommy Carroll
    Never really saw the point of LTC, but he has made a career for himself at a passing team, so if Warbs thinks he'd do a job for us, I'm all for signing him up and give him a clean slate.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Never really saw the point of LTC, but he has made a career for himself at a passing team, so if Warbs thinks he'd do a job for us, I'm all for signing him up and give him a clean slate.
      Yes not sure about him but if he impresses then put him on a years contract with option of terminating it

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Comment

I really like Tom Carroll, I think it’s a reasonable signing considering our squad depth
          Under Les Ferdinand:
          Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
          Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
          Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
          Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
          And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
            Interesting

Where was our new striker?

Dykes is on international duty, as is probably Masterson and Manning.

By the way, not too bad to score three against the Gunners with Oteh as the lone striker.

Comment

Sorry Tom Carrol did absolutely nothing when he was here and Swansea don't want him. Just because he was at Spurs doesn't make him a good Championship player. I mean after all Goss was at Man Utd.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                Sorry Tom Carrol did absolutely nothing when he was here and Swansea don't want him. Just because he was at Spurs doesn't make him a good Championship player. I mean after all Goss was at Man Utd.
                You say Swansea didn't want him, but he was there for 3 or 4 years, playing prem football.
                Ok he might never be an Adele, but squads need all types of players.
                And we're now a passing team, he would do if Warbs thinks he can fill a slot in the squad

Comment

I'll be gutted if we sign Tom Carrol.
                  Despite all the media hype he did absolutely nothing when he was last with us, nothing.
                  And from what I can see has done nothing since.

He had an unbelievable ability to get knocked off the ball by anything stronger than a brisk wind and virtually every single pass he ever managed was sideways or more often than not backwards.
                  In that respect I can see why MW likes him.

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post
                    Despite all the media hype he did absolutely nothing when he was last with us, nothing.

He had an unbelievable ability to get knocked off the ball by anything stronger than a brisk wind and virtually every single pass he ever managed was sideways or more often than not backwards.
                    Thanks, I had memories of someone who was on loan to us, but thought he came from Man U.

But your description of him is exactly the guy I had in mind.

Very polite young man. Whenever confronted in a tackle would always say "oh no, after you, i insist"

if he's coming, I just hope he's toughened up.

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post

Do you think there’s any possibility that he may have improved, matured & learnt from being a Premier League player for 4 years since he last played for us ?

Also, wasn’t Ray Wilkins known as ‘The Crab’ for his sideways passing before We grew to appreciate him ?

Comment

some harsh reviews on Tom Carroll.... his last match for QPR were march 2014 since then he played PL for Spurs and Swansea, so believe he’s quite a different player now...
                        if MW think’s he good enough ...so should you ....

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post

Do you think there’s any possibility that he may have improved, matured & learnt from being a Premier League player for 4 years since he last played for us ?

Also, wasn’t Ray Wilkins known as ‘The Crab’ for his sideways passing before We grew to appreciate him ?
                          No. He will still be a powder-puff lightweight midget.

Comment

We are short of squad players so as a freebie it’s fine by me, give the lad another chance

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
                              We are short of squad players so as a freebie it’s fine by me, give the lad another chance
                              Bang on.
                              He has loads of experience and it comes down to how much game time his body can cope with and how much we're prepared to pay for that.

Comment

Who knows, he might be able to dictate play if alongside a combatative midfielfer like Ball. This could then free up Chair to play in a N0.10 role behind Dykes.

As long as it is a pay as you play or a low basic wage kind of deal I would be happy to give him a 1 year deal with option to extend. After all, it is a freebie and QPR need a midfielder who can pass the ball.

Comment

Working...
                                X