Reasons to Believe...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasons to Believe...

Yes, it's early, our squad is not yet set, and Eze is on his way out, but we may be two players away (an Eze fee can help cover) from being truly competitive this season.

Despite adequate goaltending, and continued concerns along parts of the back line, consider:

Kakay gets a full season at RB. He's gonna be good. Throw in a hoss new CB and at least we have bodies at the center of our defense (including BFG). Wallace, Niko and Manning give us plenty on the left. At DM Cameron, Amos and Ball are all solid. The new middy George Thomas looks rock solid, Battache looks nearly ready, and Chair is close to being the go-to guy. If BOS stays, and Dykes shows what he did in his first game, we are one striker away (Eze $$$) from scoring a lot of goals.

In short, MW has something to work with here...and the fans may be given plenty of reasons to cheer.

Go you rrrrrs.

Like your thinking mate but its come on you rrrrs

Comment

The GK either need Dieng to step up or we invest in a GK Lumley and Kelly are pony. but agree another CF is needed that we own rather than lose like wells half way through the season whenever that is in 2021.

Comment

The power of positive thinking eh.

Kakay is better as a CB.
        Manning is likely to go and I think BOS will be gone by 5th October too. Leistner is as good as out. We need 2 new CBs to replace Hall and the BFG. A new LB if or when Manning goes. I'd like a new GK too because neither Lumley or Kelly inspire confidence in me and more importantly, the defence.

CM looks ok and I have confidence in Chair to provide creativity and goals for the team.

The club also needs 2 new CFs- Oteh needs to be moved on.

Comment

I for one believe that the club have something up their sleeves to please us now they have the Eze dosh.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
            I for one believe that the club have something up their sleeves to please us now they have the Eze dosh.
            I dont think that money would stretch to both Bale and Messi. One of them would do me.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
              I'd be content if they spent a few £million making improved offers to Manning and BOS. Just keeping those two would be better than spending a few £million trying to replace them I reckon. I know we have a budget and salary cap but the concept of rewarding existing decent players with a higher tier of wages makes sense.
              We could buy a player for £1.5M and pay £1.5M in wages over 3 years (£10Kish per week) OR offer BOS £3M in wages over a new 3-year contract (£20Kish per week). Obviously I don't know their deals/wages but you get my point.

Comment

I hope the club put some of it away and that we don't overspend.

I'd rather go find gems from lower leagues.

Comment

All eyes on Chair !!

Comment

Love your optimism

It’s certainly not all doom and gloom but how we spend the Eze money will be critical

Whether Manning and BOS stay or not is equally as important

The speed in which we bring players in will be a factor. If we can get a central defender and a striker in before the 12th , get off to a decent start, optimism will grow

With no additions before the 12th and Eze going I fear the worst. Defensively we will be very vulnerable

Comment

Thanks all for weighing in.

Comment

Working...
                      X