Carabao Cup First Round Draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carabao Cup First Round Draw

Argyle will kick-off their Carabao Cup campaign with a home fixture against Queens Park Rangers on the weekend of 5 September.

Comment

It really doesnt get too much more exciting than this does it.......

Comment

That's a long journey ..

Comment

What on earth are they thinking about staging this competition this year???? Literally 1 or 2 postponements of any 20/21 games will throw the whole programme into chaos...... Bit of winter weather in Jan/Feb will be disastrous. When that happens everyone will be wondering why they blew a few fixture windows on crummy Carabao Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
            What on earth are they thinking about staging this competition this year???? Literally 1 or 2 postponements of any 20/21 games will throw the whole programme into chaos...... Bit of winter weather in Jan/Feb will be disastrous. When that happens everyone will be wondering why they blew a few fixture windows on crummy Carabao Cup.
            I agree but I’d say the EFL would be worried that should they abandon it this season that there wouldn’t be much appetite to bring it back.

Comment

A game we don't need , big clubs play youngsters and squad players then put out 1st team when comp gets to latter stages ... We've no chance of winning it just hope for a big pay day at anfield of old Trafford but that's gone now due to no fans at games

Comment

Bloody typical, no supporters

Comment

Put the likes of Gubbins and other fringe U23s and see how they get on. Likewise Oteh. Treat it as a friendly or assessment match. Those who dont perform loan them out or get rid.

Comment

Well it was fun while it lasted. Another early round exit

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                      Put the likes of Gubbins and other fringe U23s and see how they get on. Likewise Oteh. Treat it as a friendly or assessment match. Those who dont perform loan them out or get rid.
                      Think it would be better to treat it as our last pre-season friendly/warm-up and field the 1st XI to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                        I was going to say "treat it as a pre season friendly" to improve match fitness & cohesion in the first team.

But I must learn to read later posts before jumping in !!,

sorry Abs.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                          I agree but I’d say the EFL would be worried that should they abandon it this season that there wouldn’t be much appetite to bring it back.
                          That's probably true and they need this year's sponsorship monies too.

As for the game, it will be treated like another pre-season warm up game.

Apologies to Abs, as I too didn't read all the posts before posting.

Comment

Originally posted by supahupa10101 View Post
                            Actually isn't this the two teams with the worst records in the FA cup?
                            #BattleoftheTeaBags

Comment

Originally posted by supahupa10101 View Post

Comment

Working...
                              X