Ambition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ambition

Our leaders (Hoos, Ferdinand, Bhatia and Warburton) need to be much more vocal in demonstrating our ambition even though some of it may be BS.

All we hear about is cutting costs, selling players, impact of FFP etc. Compare this to Warnock who talks about giving it a real go, we’ll try and surprise a few people etc

I think a more positive approach may attract more players accepting that wages we can pay will always be a factor

We are a big London club, recently in the Prem with rich owners who have ambition

We need to change our language, it’s full of doom and gloom

Thoughts?

I agree they do not give out any positive vibes and this could be why the likes of Moore and Dunkley join other clubs rather than QPR.

Talking of Warnock, I would not be surprised if he gets Middlesboro into the play offs or even promoted. He did that with QPR and Cardiff after saving them from relegation. He has a very positive attitude and this inspires his teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
      Our leaders (Hoos, Ferdinand, Bhatia and Warburton) need to be much more vocal in demonstrating our ambition even though some of it may be BS.

All we hear about is cutting costs, selling players, impact of FFP etc. Compare this to Warnock who talks about giving it a real go, we’ll try and surprise a few people etc

I think a more positive approach may attract more players accepting that wages we can pay will always be a factor

We are a big London club, recently in the Prem with rich owners who have ambition

Thoughts?
      Hard to disagree. Everything is very downbeat.

Comment

The gap between Suppports and club is like a bridge. Also, the fact that Warburton doesn`t want to take any form of crisism with regards to the lack of defensive coaching is just one of the on field issues... No wonder defenders, clubs and agents with ambitions and direction chose to stay well clear of QPR as far as development is concerned.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post

Thoughts?
          Boro are right up Warnocks street.
          He loves a challenge, they'll be playoffs minimum

Comment

Ambition is survival in the championship and success will be mid table. Without cash to buy or loan a couple of decent strikers anything other than that is the stuff of dreams.

Comment

Strongly agree, good post mem

They talk such a low profile game our fans believe it. In reality we had Hugill, Wells, Chair, Eze, BOS, Manning

These are very, very good players
              Under Les Ferdinand:
              Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
              Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
              Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
              Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
              And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                Ambition is survival in the championship and success will be mid table. Without cash to buy or loan a couple of decent strikers anything other than that is the stuff of dreams.
                Yes and making that the club anthem is really going to attract players and gee up the fans no end.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
                  Strongly agree, good post mem

They talk such a low profile game our fans believe it. In reality we had Hugill, Wells, Chair, Eze, BOS, Manning

These are very, very good players
                  True but they were let down by a shoddy defense and keepers.

Comment

Saying we're a "big London club" is way beyond BS.... It's just delusional nonsense. If our owners and chiefs started coming out with tosh like that I'd seriously be worried about their competency to run the club.

Comment

I don’t see the point in shouting your mouth off about what you will or won’t do . The club is heading in the right direction on and off the pitch , I’m sure there is an ambition to finish as high as we can without shouting it from the rooftops. The reality of the last few seasons due to the ffp fine and transfer embargo has been no secret either .The signing of Hugil and Wells last season proved we weren’t just going to roll over and die.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Yes and making that the club anthem is really going to attract players and gee up the fans no end.
                        Okay, we'll p1$$ the league and will soon be in the premier league.

COME ON RANGERS!!!

Comment

I agree they do not give out any positive vibes and this could be why the likes of Moore and Dunkley join other clubs rather than QPR.

Talking of Warnock, I would not be surprised if he gets Middlesboro into the play offs or even promoted. He did that with QPR and Cardiff after saving them from relegation. He has a very positive attitude and this inspires his teams.
                          Moore is welsh so signed for Cardiff on more money that we could offer and as far as I know we weren’t interested in Dunkley .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Moore is welsh so signed for Cardiff on more money that we could offer and as far as I know we weren’t interested in Dunkley .
                            Probably true, but it doesn’t help coming out with avoiding the drop and perhaps making the top half is our ambition.

Warburton doesn’t come across as an upbeat , confident manager and Hoos speaks like an accountant.

I just don’t think that is sending out encouraging and positive vibes to attract bright prospects to the club.
                            for instance why did Troy Parrot go to Millwall instead of QPR? We need a striker and were interested in him in January.

Comment

Warburton doesn’t come across as an upbeat , confident manager and Hoos speaks like an accountant.
                              Its Hoos's job to crunch the numbers and ensure the club is being run properly.

MW comes across to me as professional and studious. The flip would be Holloway who, it was claimed, was technically naive and merely a motivator and chest beater. It's all about your personal perception of individuals I guess.

Personally I work better for people who go about their work in an unassuming manner compared to those who make a lot of noise.

Comment

Working...
                              X