EPPP Category One Status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EPPP Category One Status

I was wondering, could the club look at getting Category One status once we move to Heston once the site is redeveloped for the club

We have got a 27 acre site to potentially transform into a site which the club can produce better young players who can make it to the first team.

Leeds, Crystal Palace and Burnley have moved up and are now Cat 1 Academies.

Eh? You'll have to enlighten me.... I'm not particularly up to speed on EPPP or why it matters I'm afraid.

Comment

https://jobs4football.com/how-does-t...%20categories.

Think we will get Cat One when our new training ground is up and running.

Bees are Cat 4 ? as of 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
        Eh? You'll have to enlighten me.... I'm not particularly up to speed on EPPP or why it matters I'm afraid.
        EPPP is short for Elite Player Peformance Plan and is a plan to produce more homegrown players.

Clubs are ranked from 1 to 4 with 1 being the best and 4 being the least, clubs are usually re-audited every two years.

It also determines how much funding you get from the Premier League in terms of developing youth players.

So at Category 1, you would have to meet a number of requirements, ie: have a budget of £2,5m per year for the academy.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
          https://jobs4football.com/how-does-t...%20categories.

Think we will get Cat One when our new training ground is up and running.

Bees are Cat 4 ? as of 2019
          I dont think Brentford are part of the EPPP, they have a B Team instead.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post

EPPP is short for Elite Player Peformance Plan and is a plan to produce more homegrown players.

Clubs are ranked from 1 to 4 with 1 being the best and 4 being the least, clubs are usually re-audited every two years.

It also determines how much funding you get from the Premier League in terms of developing youth players.

So at Category 1, you would have to meet a number of requirements, ie: have a budget of £2,5m per year for the academy.

Thank you. Very interesting.

But I wonder where that stands with S&S (AKA FFP). My recollection is that training costs are excluded from the calculation. So it would follow that funding from the Premier League would be excluded from income in the FFP calculation too?

Is that correct?

Comment

I'm a grumpy old cynic but that seems more to do with Prem Teams painting a veneer of giving a toss about football and/or justifying nonsense like Mezut Ozil than anything else.

Comment

I dont think Brentford are part of the EPPP, they have a B Team instead.
                They took the decision that youth teams are costly to run and that a B team also develops younger players better. They could have a good point there but I am not sure who they play against.

Comment

Whole load of investment to see the best getting poached by bigger clubs before they've even sat on the subs bench. The players we need are the ones who have fallen through that process at prem level. Cheaper for us and they've already had quality coaching.

Comment

EPPP was a system forced on the EFL on threat of lack of funding from the PL. It increases the cost to clubs because of the minimum amount of coaches and medical staff to obtain top status.. The real reason is that it makes it easier and cheaper for PL clubs to poach players from the EFL academies..

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                      Whole load of investment to see the best getting poached by bigger clubs before they've even sat on the subs bench. The players we need are the ones who have fallen through that process at prem level. Cheaper for us and they've already had quality coaching.
                      And that is the one major thing that pisses me off.
                      Like abs says all set up to aid prem teams

Comment

Working...
                      X