Sheffield wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheffield wednesday

12 points deducted.........for next season.

Comment

What a carve up! Charlton should sue EFL.... That deduction should have been applied months ago and it would have seen Owls bottom of table and relegated.

Comment

Is it gonna be Derby's turn ?

Comment

Does anybody know why we got a fine and other teams seem to be getting point deductions?

Comment

We should raid them for Barry Bannan.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR@5 View Post
              Does anybody know why we got a fine and other teams seem to be getting point deductions?
              Different time, new rules now? I believe Owls included income from stadium sale in wrong financial year.... maybe it's deemed more a technical offence than just wilfully overspending. Obviously it's all smoke and mirrors and lets be frank, EFL are manifestly incompetent.

Comment

It’s bollacks & should be deducted now & that would save Charlton but would think Wigan will have shout

Comment

This whole ffp or whatever they like to dress it up as now, is a farce.
                  it's a restriction of trade imposed on all clubs, because of a handful of rogue owners.
                  It's designed so the big clubs get the competition tilted in their favour.
                  Maybe the EFL board should have better more thorough ownership tests, than just fix their leagues.
                  What with this and the parachute payments it's a disgrace.
                  Annnnd breath...

Comment

I'm with you Dave. It's a total mess and I'm not convinced it's actually achieving it's goal. Bury F.C. anyone?

I've just read the BBC article about Sheffield Wednesday and they didn't actually rule on the dodgy sale of their ground, only that they included the money from the sale in the wrong year's accounts. That leaves it completely open for Villa, Derby etc. to get away with it.

"I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post
                      We should raid them for Barry Bannan.
                      I agree. One of the best midfielders in this division.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Madness.

I'd be really upset if I was a Charlton fan. Interestingly Barnsley made a club statement directly criticising the EFL and a few unnamed clubs:

What Barnsley Football Club cannot accept is the blatant disregard for sporting/competitive integrity and the lack of governance in our division.

Clubs were charged with breaching rules surrounding Financial Fair Play and harming the EFL and its members. One ownership group, (which was approved by the EFL), failed in their duty to provide the requisite support to their respective Championship organisation. One other ownership group completed a takeover and provided funding to a Club without ever being approved by the EFL to become owners of that Club. Another competitor has yet to pay a transfer fee to Barnsley Football Club that was due in August of 2019. Several clubs have been delinquent in payment to contracted players.

We ask, where is the competitive balance?

Our Club, on a substantially smaller budget, has paid every professional player under contract 100% of their wages this season, one of the few Sky Bet Championship clubs to do so.

It is clear that there has to be a change to the system. Just as our coaching staff, players, Club employees, and supporters have fought this season, so too will your Club continue the fight by all means necessary.

Comment

Brilliant statement from Barnsley, good on them.

Comment

After all, all championship owners agreed to FFP

Comment

Originally posted by bhujio View Post
                              After all, all championship owners agreed to FFP
                              I'm not even sure that that's true but in any event I doubt they would have signed up if they'd known what a b@lls-up the EFL would make of it.
                              "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Working...
                              X