41 million for Nathan Ake!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 41 million for Nathan Ake!

Think we are under selling Eze if that's the case.

Remind me how many seasons Ake has played in the premiership....

Comment

Are bothered about him? No

Comment

I think as a centre half myself that is ridiculous. Art of scoring goals in the key and defender prices since Rio left have got silly money
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Well that and the parachute money along with fees from more sales will ensure they have the budget to go straight back up.

They might still sell Wilson , Ramsdale and a few others and have a healthy 50m transfer budget which will buy them good quality Championship level players.

Comment

City paid £50 million for Stones so £41 million is reasonable compared to that .

Comment

Just utterly ridiculous stain. Hardest thing in the world is to score goals and I love the art of defending. It was my position but a quality striker should be worth silly money but not centre halves
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Classy centrebacks with Premier League pedigree cost loads nowadays. With VanDyke being viewed as the final piece in the jigsaw that transformed Liverpool I suppose the big teams see it as common sense to pay the money to get the best CBs available.

Comment

another mess up by chelsea , ake , salah , and kevin de B

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                    Classy centrebacks with Premier League pedigree cost loads nowadays. With VanDyke being viewed as the final piece in the jigsaw that transformed Liverpool I suppose the big teams see it as common sense to pay the money to get the best CBs available.
                    That's my point. Is he that good? Never been over impressed myself.

Comment

Not having Laporte for most of last season was the main reason why Man City were so far behind Liverpool.
                      Getting the CB pairing spot on is pivotal to having a successful side in any division.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                        another mess up by chelsea , ake , salah , and kevin de B
                        You can probably add Lukaku to that list.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post

That's my point. Is he that good? Never been over impressed myself.
                          He seems alright. Reckon I could play CB for City and look reasonable, only have to make 2 tackles per week.... I think Pep has a different blueprint to many. He just probably wants someone who is over 6'2", mobile, can dribble, shows composure and can pass with either foot. I think our CBs have 1 out of 5 of those attributes where Aki probably has 5 out of 5.

Comment

He seems alright. Reckon I could play CB for City and look reasonable, only have to make 2 tackles per week.... I think Pep has a different blueprint to many. He just probably wants someone who is over 6'2", mobile, can dribble, shows composure and can pass with either foot. I think our CBs have 1 out of 5 of those attributes where Aki probably has 5 out of 5.
                            And his dreadlocks flap around when he heads a ball which makes him look like Ruud Guillet

Comment

£41M for a defender is an absolute joke regardless of who it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X