Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warburton Interview on the Offy

As title.
    "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

5-6 players in,but sale of players out of his hands basically

Comment

It's a difficult time But same for every team.

Comment

I actually think 5-6 players is the absolute minimum considering we lost Hall, Pugh, Hugil, Amos and never replaced Wells.

Then with Manning, Eze and BOS more than likely to be sold and potentially Leinster as well, we need some serious recruitment.

That’s 9 players we have lost who often made up our first 11.

We need a minimum of 6/7 replacements there for me personally and the addition of 2/3 loans, when you consider we will need at least 2 strikers, lb, cb, winger, cam and cm/cdm.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
          I actually think 5-6 players is the absolute minimum considering we lost Hall, Pugh, Hugil, Amos and never replaced Wells.

Then with Manning, Eze and BOS more than likely to be sold and potentially Leinster as well, we need some serious recruitment.

That’s 9 players we have lost who often made up our first 11.

We need a minimum of 6/7 replacements there for me personally and the addition of 2/3 loans, when you consider we will need at least 2 strikers, lb, cb, winger, cam and cm/cdm.

I agree. It will be an incredibly long and hard season if we only bring in 6 new players. As you point out already 3 have already gone,another 2 were loanees , and a wantaway defender MW doesn't want before we even sell our 3 most sellable assets.

We have also effectively lost Rangel so that will make 10 of last season's squad before we even include the loans we sent back in January Smith & Mlakar as well as selling Scowen. 13 players down and we will have to play Sat/Tues at least 15 times next season.

That interview didn't fill me with any confidence and tbh, I didn't think MW sounded confident either.

Comment

Interview was honest & fine

Comment

Maybe he means purchases with loans on top

Comment

Working...
              X