Player Recruitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player Recruitment

So the new QPR philosophy (we seem to have a new one most seasons) is to bring in young players that we can develop and sell for a nice tidy profit. Sounds great and Les & Hoos seem mention this on multiple occasions and pretty much any opportunity they get.

What I want to know and it's a genuine question is who was responsible for scouting and bringing in Eze, Samuel and Manning to QPR? The 3 players in which fit this philosophy and are likely to see us generate the much needed cash? I thought these were Holloway, Bircham and Penrice finds? As was Luke Freeman who we also made money from...

I might be wrong but I'm interested to know because with FFP restrictions it seems we need to find a couple of gems to develop and sell each season and I can't see at the minute who we've got that we could make a profit on in the next few years... Barring maybe Chair but he needs to be more consistent.

Well, since we won't be paying any transfer fees for anyone the potential is there to make a profit on every player without too much effort...

Comment

Originally posted by QPR@5 View Post
      So the new QPR philosophy (we seem to have a new one most seasons) is to bring in young players that we can develop and sell for a nice tidy profit. Sounds great and Les & Hoos seem mention this on multiple occasions and pretty much any opportunity they get.

What I want to know and it's a genuine question is who was responsible for scouting and bringing in Eze, Samuel and Manning to QPR? The 3 players in which fit this philosophy and are likely to see us generate the much needed cash? I thought these were Holloway, Bircham and Penrice finds? As was Luke Freeman who we also made money from...

I might be wrong but I'm interested to know because with FFP restrictions it seems we need to find a couple of gems to develop and sell each season and I can't see at the minute who we've got that we could make a profit on in the next few years... Barring maybe Chair but he needs to be more consistent.
      Who knows, players develop at different pace

Comment

CEOs and Managers don't find players Scouts do. Top lot only get involved near the end.

Comment

I thought we had had the same approach for a few years now, we bring in Free transfers or low fee players. We also bring through players who have failed in other clubs youth system like EZE ? I think(maybe wrong) Ramsey has alot to do with this area?

Then talking about future sales, I guess Masterson, Kakay, Chair , Lumley, Kelly all fit into this kind of player but the question is will they make it !

It does remind me of QPR of old, when we brought in the same season Tilson and Peacock , one made it and one never but the profit was good overall as the pair cost something like £500K. Personally I think we are going the right direction and we are getting the right image as club who can develop you. The challenge is can we make the promotion jump and keep a team together?

Comment

Its the best way any business should be run, buy cheap invest time on development and make profit the only teams that dont need to do are Barcelona or Real Madrid in reality as the lure they have draws the best away anyway.

Ive no qualms this as our strategy as fans we have to accept if we get a good one we have to move forwards if the price is right do a deal build in add ons ie Europe promotion etc

Comment

Certainly not against the strategy, it seems to be the only way to be sustainable for us until we get a new ground. I guess I'm just thinking long term I don't feel we currently have any other players we could sell for that much profit and worry the ones we have made a success of were bought in by people no longer at the club.

Here's hoping Chair, Masterson, Kakay and Thomas can prove me wrong

Comment

I know what you mean QPR@5, but a few years ago we never saw BOS or Eze coming through... actually not Mannings either for that matter. I also forgot to mention Smyth who is out on load. I honestly feel Masterson and Kakay will be regularly next season and we will be able to get money for them.

Comment

I thought BOS was a load of rubbish when I saw his first appearance for us - I honestly thought someone had conned us into signing a traffic warden. Makes me think it's not as easy as it sounds to spot and snap up young players with potential. To be honest, I reckon it's 75% pure luck.

Comment

BOS was signed from Blackpool when Holloway was our manager, but previously managed Blackpool. I'm sure the Blackpool connections must have had something to do with it. I'm attributing BOS to Holloway.

Kelly clearly Warburton due to their time at Glasgow Rangers.

The others i would link to Ramsay's knowledge of academy players and club scouts.

Comment

Well let's hope they can spot some gems out there, because there doesn't appear to be many more coming through. Perhaps Chair, Masterson, Kakay, Dieng and this new one, Thomas are the next to be sold for a profit.

However, the overall picture I am getting is that of a club that will be a lower half Championship side for the next decade or so, until they build a new stadium or the Football League get rid of the Financial (un)Fair Play (Profit & Sustainability Rules).

Comment

Do you know what Stan, as long as we stay in the championship I don't mind that.
                        The premier league with this farce of VAR is not something I want QPR involved in.
                        The way they've used it this season has ruined football

Comment

Working...
                        X