Bidwell....Cooper saved me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bidwell....Cooper saved me

Jake Bidwell says Steve Cooper saved him from his QPR struggles.
    He then goes on to tell how they play different which suits, blah blah blah.
    Basically says it didn't help that Rangers finished 17h 18th 19th or something like that, in his 3years here.
    Well maybe if you were a better defender Jake we might have finished a little higher mate.

I think his comments are fair, they were three bad seasons. His time at Brentford and Swansea has been more successful. It would be interesting to see how he'd fit into this team.

Comment

Blokes a bell end

Comment

He always has a snarl on his face.. another that's lucky to be s pro footballer constantly caught out of position and lacks the speed to get back

Comment

I think in every good team there are always 3 or 4 bang average players who look far better than they are by dint of playing in a successful team and being surrounded by half-a-dozen very talented players. Bidwell is one such bang average player.... only get found out when they have to turn out for an average team. Obviously you have to feel for a player who's part of a struggling team but I'd still expect them to weigh in and strive to improve things - Bidwell just seemed to be a very limited player without the skill or competency to improve our lot: he just became part of the collective failure.

Comment

I never rated him personally.

Comment

Swansea fans hated him and couldn't believe how awful he was this season, until funnily enough they started playing him at wing back!! He's always been very limited (putting it nicely) but never would have expected him to improve when moved to a wing back role lol!

Comment

Originally posted by QPR@5 View Post
                Swansea fans hated him and couldn't believe how awful he was this season, until funnily enough they started playing him at wing back!! He's always been very limited (putting it nicely) but never would have expected him to improve when moved to a wing back role lol!
                He could put in a decent cross and if there were quick defenders behind him he'd be fine. Hes hasnt got a change of pace but hes decent with the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

He could put in a decent cross and if there were quick defenders behind him he'd be fine. Hes hasnt got a change of pace but hes decent with the ball.
                  I thought he was awful with the ball! Couldn't ever beat a man, first instinct was to pass back to the goalie or CB and his crosses always seemed to be just looped up to the back post from a deep position.

Comment

Haven’t read the article but I always though Bidwell was a solid pro and at the time with all the turmoil we were going through financially I thought he was decent enough for us!

Got a move further up the food chain and has done well. Fair play to the lad!!

Comment

Working...
                    X