George thomas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPR@5 View Post
    Never heard of him and never seen him play (learnt not to judge players by YouTube videos, even if they are fun to watch)! He does come across well though in the interview and will obviously be keen to impress and give 100% by the sounds of it.

I think it's fair to have concerns though, I'm not convinced at the majority of signings Warburton has made in Kelly, Kane, Wallace, Pugh, Smith, Mlakar, Amos, Clarke...
    I also have some of your concerns , but am willing to give the lad a few games to judge him myself
    in the hope he is a gem.

so far I have not been too impressed with a lot of his signings, but think Amos might be worth excusing as he wasn’t fully fit to begin with. After that he blew hot and cold. I expected better from Wallace and Pugh and although not terrible, unlike the others, they were a bit disappointing.

Comment

Almost exactly the same comments as Dom Ball got when his signing was announced.

Comment

I'm not sure what type of signings some of us expect.
        Any new players are going to be like this, we know that.
        We won't be signing big names.
        But after last summer and only actually spending 50k we finished 13th.
        Give everyone a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
          I'm not sure what type of signings some of us expect.
          Any new players are going to be like this, we know that.
          We won't be signing big names.
          But after last summer and only actually spending 50k we finished 13th.
          Give everyone a chance.
          Five points better than the season before, budget reduced, huge squad turnover and young players established to a point where other teams want to sign them. Impressive season and no reason to think we wont be able to do it again with a small transfer kitty behind us.

I'm looking forward to next season in a positive frame of mind and dont think we'll get relegated. I reckon we should be looking at the 60 point mark.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
            Almost exactly the same comments as Dom Ball got when his signing was announced.
            True but Dom Ball had just come off the back of fairly decent loan spell at Aberdeen in the Scottish premiership and had a small amount of Championship experience. I also think he's overrated by a lot of QPR fans but certainly a good squad player for no fee and likely a small wage.

I'm not against the Thomas signing and look forward to hopefully seeing him in some pre season games but I certainly won't be getting my hopes up or expecting him to come in and be anywhere near the level of Eze, Samuel or Chair.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Five points better than the season before, budget reduced, huge squad turnover and young players established to a point where other teams want to sign them. Impressive season and no reason to think we wont be able to do it again with a small transfer kitty behind us.

I'm looking forward to next season in a positive frame of mind and dont think we'll get relegated. I reckon we should be looking at the 60 point mark.
              Can't argue with that Sheep.
              I had my doubts when we restarted, but I trust the manager now he has got us what is a very good finish, given all the things you stated above.

Comment

As I have said, we spent plenty of last season looking up the Table and many had thoughts of play offs after the restart, looking forward to the new season, good things an all that.
                Can't wait to get behind the Team, when and if they let us back in, ####ing Flu

Comment

Working...
                X